Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Quick 14MZ Sounds question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:55 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick 14MZ Sounds question

Hi Krysta,

I have just setup some startup and shutdown sounds. The startup works fine but the shutdown sound gets cut short after about half a second and the TX turns off.

My guess is that I have swapped the 32MB card for a ultra III Sandisk card and the write speed is considerably faster. Does the shutdown sound of 3secs rely on the fact that the normal slower 32MB card takes longer to write to and by then the 3sec sound bite will have finished??

Thanks,
Mark
Old 05-26-2006, 07:50 AM
schroedm

Default RE: Quick 14MZ Sounds question

As an experiment, I reverted back to the supplied 32MB card but the same happened. About quarter to half a second of the 2 second shutdown sounds played before the TX had powered off???

Any ideas?

Rgds,
Mark
Old 05-27-2006, 03:09 PM
schroedm

bump
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Krysta

Mark, Are playing music at the same time that you are turning the transmitter off? Or is there anything else going on with the transmitter at the exact same moment you are powering off. I am wondering is some other function is slowing down the shut down sound.

I also have tried this and am not getting the full 3 seconds. Since it seems that the start up sound works well for you, it may be that the transmitter is busy saving settings that it does not have time to play a sound longer than one second.

We will try to see what we can find out about this for you.

Thanks for your patience, Krysta

ORIGINAL: schroedm

As an experiment, I reverted back to the supplied 32MB card but the same happened. About quarter to half a second of the 2 second shutdown sounds played before the TX had powered off???

Any ideas?

Rgds,
Mark
Old 05-31-2006, 04:46 AM
schroedm

Krysta,

Thanks for your help on this one.

Not doing anything with the TX at all that would cause it to become 'busy'. Was literally setting up and testing the sounds and found it kept cutting the shut down sound short.

I don't think the TX is busy as it seems to shut down/procees/turn off extremely quickly - to the point that it does only play the 1/4 of a second or so.

The start up sound plays OK as I believe it is merely being processed in the background - the screens load etc whilst the sound is playing. As the TX is being turned on there is no way for the sound to get cut off as in a shut down scenario.

Let me know how you get on!

Rgds,
Mark