Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6EXAS Intermittent Loss of Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6EXAS Intermittent Loss of Control

I have a 6EXA on Channel 49 that I purchased from my local hobby shop last July. I have lost 3 planes with 3 different receivers due to total loss of radio control over the last year. I've been looking at everything from bad batteries to receivers to geographic location to frequency pin control at the field. I've performed a few experiments and I've found one common link. The transmitter. At range - over 400 ft, I intermittenly experience twitching and servo's locking at endpoints (Full up elevator, full right rudder)
I've attached spectrum analyzer screen captures from my Tx on 3 different frequencies. (2 crystals from friends Transmitters) Please look at these and tell me if I need to return my radio for service, or will it be more cost effective to buy something else. At this point, my confidence in this radio is nil.

Regards,
Jeff Walker
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51049.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	469862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92930.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	469863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54322.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	469864  
Old 06-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 6EXAS Intermittent Loss of Control

Unfortunately, your screenshots don't really help us. That's because your transmitter is not at a specified location in a specified configuration such that the readings from the analyzer would have meaning. The setup needed is specific to each service center location. That's because of the different conditions in the different locations.

If you suspect your transmitter, we'd be glad to check it and see what can be found.

Because transmitters are tuned to specific channels, changing crystals can affect the output spectrum quite noticeably.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bax,
Do I need to send the whole radio, or just the Tx?

Jeff
Old 06-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI Jeff,

It would be recommended to send in the receivers also, if you still have them after the crash.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

Thanks Bax,
Do I need to send the whole radio, or just the Tx?

Jeff