Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9153 current draw

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 AM
juanes1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9153 current draw

Krista:
I have 5 futaba 9153 digital servos in my plane and I´m running 2 batteries rated at 6 volts, 2700 mAh for them. I have a 4.8 volts 1500 mAh for the receiver, I´m using an i4c isolator/servo power to isolate the receiver from the rest of the equipment. It is a gas powered plane so I have anothe 6 volts for the engine.
My questions are these:
Can the 9153 servos (all 5) run on a single 6 volt 2700 mAh batt?
Can I eliminate the i4c isolator and run everything from the receiver directly? won´t the high current draw of these servos fry my receiver (it´s a 319DP synthetised)
How much will a very well charged 6 volt 2700mAh last with these servos?
Any advice is welcome
John
Old 06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9153 current draw

Futaba doesn't give a specific maximum current draw for your servo, but they can exceed 1A when under maximum load. Running four or five of these servos should not cause damage to your receiver. Usually, an isolator would be needed if you are running more than two servos from a single channel, and that's because of signal degradation.

You should be able 5 of these servos with the battery pack and servos all directly connected to the receiver.