Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba receivers dying

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba receivers dying

Dear Futaba Team,

I had two Futaba receivers dying on my pattern plane. The first one was a 149 PCM, the second one a 148 FM. They were mounted in a pattern plane. I am using Futaba Digital servos all around (two 9550s with the ailerons, one 9450 with the rudder, and two 9650s with the elevators) except for the throttle (an H brand micro servo) The two receivers showed the same symptons, they stopped working while I was ground running the engine (luckily it wasn't in the air) I tried connecting a single servo and a fresh battery and both of them show the same symptons: the servo moves in steps towards to one side and does not respond to any command from the Tx.
Battery is a regular Futaba 1500 Mah 4 cells (4.8 v) Tx is a 3 years old 9C. One of the screws attaching the Hyde mount to the firewall vibrated loose. Could a high consumption from the Digi servos originated in excess vibration have damaged the Rx? How should I proceed now? Replace digis with regular analogs? Isolate the Rx?

BTW, the rest of my fleet performs as usual, including another pattern plane with a similar setup although analog servos were placed with the ailerons.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba receivers dying

How were the receivers installed into the aircraft? The servos and battery pack you were using would not cause a problem.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba receivers dying

Just to set the record straight, it was a vibration related issue. My Rx mounting technique is not adequate for the vibrations of the big Webra (even with an isolating mount) Thanks for your support.