Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Starter Needing Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:16 PM
charger19690

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Needing Help

Hello,

First I would like to say I am new to the R/C world. But I am looking at building my very first R/C car.

I am looking at purchasing a:

Futaba 6YG 6-Channel FM/4 S3004 Servos transmitter which will come with a
Futaba R127DF Receiver
Futaba MC230CR FET SPEED CONTROLLER

Ok, application. I am wanting to build this car with two electric motors, one for each side of the car. Ok, I am actually building a truck/buggy, but I am using car as loose for vehicle.

So I want to be able to have speed adjustability forward and reverse, independently for each side. I think will need 2 Speed Controllers.

According to the literature that I have read through, the speed controller plugs right into the "Throttle servo" channel, which for this reciever is channel #3. This receiver/trasmitter package is designed for air, put comes with a ground Frequency, and I have other things I want to incorporate into this for the other servo channels.

The question is, ....

If I purchase a second Speed Controller, can I just plug the second controller into another channel? Will it respond in the same manner as the throttle channel, or are the channels different in configuration on the receiver?

What I really am looking for is to have a car that will be able to make "Zero Point" turns. One side reversing while the other goes forward. I think this theory will work, but like I stated, I am new to R/C and not real familiar how these things work.

I have had toys where cars either go forward or backwards, basically, the switches are either on or off, no variability.

If anyone has an insight to this situation, or can't simply understand what I am trying to say, but understands how these things work, please share the knowledge.

My thoughts.

My idea is that these channels and servo outputs on a receiever give signals all the same and that a person could plug any thing into them to get a result, as long as the person doing it knows which servo outputs correspond to the transmitter switches or joysticks?????

I would just like to know before I purchase these things, because this stuff ain't cheap to just try.....

Thank you,

Mike
[email protected]

Old 06-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Starter Needing Help

With the 6YG transmitter, you can use any channel to to control any kind of device. For a vehicle that needs the left and right side wheels to be controlled independently, you'd want to use the "throttle" and "elevator" channels. Those really describe the sticks you'll be using, and not the actual functions.

One consideration: the system MUST be on 75 MHz to be legal. Most systems of 4 or more channels come on 72 MHz, which is limited to aircraft use by FCC regulation.

Here's a system intended to be used for R/C tanks, robots, and other vehicles:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj60.html

Of course, higher-level transmitters can be used if they are converted toe 75 MHz. Please note that some transmitters cannot be converted because of the design of their output circuitry. Contact Futaba Support directly for more information.