Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

New 9Cap Super won't change to PCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Dirtnapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 9Cap Super won't change to PCM

I just purchased my second 9CAP ( this one's a Super ) and was setting it up for my Extra/DA50 that uses a PCM Rx. I changed it to PCM in parameters and cycled the power like I have done many times with my other 9CAP. I got no response at all ... not even a twitch. Tested the Rx battery and tried another one, changed switches, tried another PCM receiver, put it back on PPM and verified it worked in that mode ( it did ), took the Tx battery out in the hope it might reboot it, and nothing has worked. It seems as if it is not changing to the PCM mode. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dirtnapper
Old 06-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Dirtnapper

Default RE: New 9Cap Super won't change to PCM

Guys,
I just tried another PCM Rx ( an R149DP that I received with the new 9CAP ) and it works. The other two Rxs are R148DPs ( one new and another I used successfully ). They are all #43 frequency. I double checked the crystal in the 149 Rx that works and its 43 as well. I am now confused as to why the one works and the other two don't.
Dirtnapper
Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Krysta

Default RE: New 9Cap Super won't change to PCM

Hi Dirtnapper,

If the transmitter is working well with the R148DP and a different R149DP, then there is something wrong with the other two receivers. I would suggest sending the transmitter and both receivers into the service center to be checked.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: Dirtnapper

Guys,
I just tried another PCM Rx ( an R149DP that I received with the new 9CAP ) and it works. The other two Rxs are R148DPs ( one new and another I used successfully ). They are all #43 frequency. I double checked the crystal in the 149 Rx that works and its 43 as well. I am now confused as to why the one works and the other two don't.
Dirtnapper