Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Need some help setting up dual aileron servos and flaps on my 7C.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Crazyrcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help setting up dual aileron servos and flaps on my 7C.

Now that I finally understand frequencies, shifts, AM/FM/PCM, etc., I had to come up with another problem; and I did. I've wanted to set up some flaps on one of my twin aileron servo planes. So, I plugged one servo into channel 1 and the other into channel 5, planning to operate them as flapperons. I found out that you need to have the second servo plugged into channel 6 for it to work, and since my receiver is only 5 channels I just used airbrake, as the manual suggested.

It does work, but if the flaps are down and the aileron stick is at full deflection they have major binding problems. Ok, so I thought I'd just change the end points (I'd just left them at 100% before, when the plane had a y-harness) so the ailerons could only go so far, even with the flaps down. After fiddling with my radio for half an hour, I am thoroughly frustrated. I did get the right aileron to only go down so far and them stop, whether the flaps were on or not, but the left just won't work. I tried adjusting the end point on the elevator thinking maybe it would help me understand it, but I didn't. Am I setting the flaps up wrong? I also have the same problem when using rudder to aileron mixing to eliminate coupling. Is there a way to fix this so the ailerons only move so far then stop, no matter how many mixes are telling them to move more?

Could someone please help me out here.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:51 PM
tomfrank
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need some help setting up dual aileron servos and flaps on my 7C.

Go into the flapperon menu... you can re-direct the output to channel 5. 6 or 7. Change it to Ch 5 and your flapperons will work, but not on the variable knob. I also use the three positon switch, so I have dual rates on the top two positions, and flaps down on the third for toak-off and landings.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Krysta

Default RE: Need some help setting up dual aileron servos and flaps on my 7C.

Hi Crazyrcer,

You can easily do what you are wanting to do by selecting the Ail 5&6 option in your radio. Please check out our FAQ on this subject and many other programming questions for the 7C at:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c-q739.html

Adjusting your ATV's will adjust the travel of each servo regardless of any mixing that has been assigned to that channel. ATV settings override any other setting.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: Crazyrcer

Now that I finally understand frequencies, shifts, AM/FM/PCM, etc., I had to come up with another problem; and I did. I've wanted to set up some flaps on one of my twin aileron servo planes. So, I plugged one servo into channel 1 and the other into channel 5, planning to operate them as flapperons. I found out that you need to have the second servo plugged into channel 6 for it to work, and since my receiver is only 5 channels I just used airbrake, as the manual suggested.

It does work, but if the flaps are down and the aileron stick is at full deflection they have major binding problems. Ok, so I thought I'd just change the end points (I'd just left them at 100% before, when the plane had a y-harness) so the ailerons could only go so far, even with the flaps down. After fiddling with my radio for half an hour, I am thoroughly frustrated. I did get the right aileron to only go down so far and them stop, whether the flaps were on or not, but the left just won't work. I tried adjusting the end point on the elevator thinking maybe it would help me understand it, but I didn't. Am I setting the flaps up wrong? I also have the same problem when using rudder to aileron mixing to eliminate coupling. Is there a way to fix this so the ailerons only move so far then stop, no matter how many mixes are telling them to move more?

Could someone please help me out here.
Thanks in advance.