Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 9C/9CS Synth Trans Module 72MHz Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C/9CS Synth Trans Module 72MHz Antenna

I have a Futaba 9C/9CS Synthesized Transmitter Module 72MHz and I am under the impression that your only supposed to pull the antenna out halfway if you use this transmitter. I bought it at Tower and on the info it says it will damage the transmitter if pulled all the way out. Is this correct?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Krysta

Default RE: Futaba 9C/9CS Synth Trans Module 72MHz Antenna

Hi BBOwen,

I believe what you are referring to is programming your set ups at home with your aircraft. When programming, you need to have at least the thickest portion of the antenna extended to help dissipate heat build up that could damage the module.

When flying, you need to have the antenna fully extended.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: BBOwen

I have a Futaba 9C/9CS Synthesized Transmitter Module 72MHz and I am under the impression that your only supposed to pull the antenna out halfway if you use this transmitter. I bought it at Tower and on the info it says it will damage the transmitter if pulled all the way out. Is this correct?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Whistling Death

Default RE: Futaba 9C/9CS Synth Trans Module 72MHz Antenna

Thanks, I was worried about that. I did notice that the module got pretty warm after flying.