Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

G3 RX and PowerBox??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:53 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3 RX and PowerBox??

Can someone confirm Futaba's stance on using the 14MZ's G3 receiver with a PowerBox?

A friend of mine lost 2 turbines in 2 weeks when running g3 RXs and a powerbox. A futaba distributor told him it was not recommended to run a g3 receiver with a powerbox?!??!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 06-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: G3 RX and PowerBox??

We are the Futaba Service Center for North America. We have no "stance" on the use of a powerbox. Some of these powercenters have circuitry that may cause noise that can get into the receiver. Those types of powercenters may not be suitable for use with the Futaba R5014DPS receiver.

Also, the receiver may not have been the source of the difficulty. The powercenter, itself, may have ceased to function properly, which would also cause system failure and give the same feel as a "lockout".

It is up to the modeler to determine if a powercenter is suitable for their use. However, please be advised that a powercenter does add another level of complexity, and presents another set of failure points to the aiborne control system.