Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

I bought four of these servos from Tower and none seem to come with any

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 PM
orleck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought four of these servos from Tower and none seem to come with any

I bought four Futaba S3110 servos from Tower and none seem to come with any screws to mount the servos in the plane. Should they have? What size servo mount screw fits the S3110 and if Futaba sells them what is the part number?

Terry
Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Skybolt60-RCU

Default RE: I bought four of these servos from Tower and none seem to come with any

Hi Terry,

No, the S3110's do NOT come with mounting hardware - I wish Futaba would throw a couple of screws in the box - it couldn't cost them too much, but the servos are great. I use the regular Futaba servo screws [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXH368&P=7[/link] or the Dubro servo screws [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFRM2&P=ML[/link] on the mounting tab opposite the output shaft and a Dubro #2 [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD973&P=ML[/link] on the tab closest to the output shaft. I like the hex heads with the built on washer but the mounting tab is too close to the case and the screw won't thread straight down because the washer sticks out too far. That's why I use 2 different screws.

Rod
Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Krysta

Default RE: I bought four of these servos from Tower and none seem to come with any

Hi Terry,

Unfortunately, no, not all of our Micro servos come with the mounting screws.

The servo can either be glued in if you like, but we recommend any 1.5mm screw from your local hardware store.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: orleck

I bought four Futaba S3110 servos from Tower and none seem to come with any screws to mount the servos in the plane. Should they have? What size servo mount screw fits the S3110 and if Futaba sells them what is the part number?

Terry