Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Glider reflex and camber on 9C

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:47 PM
BriGuy375

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glider reflex and camber on 9C

Im trying to set up a glider such that switch C can be used to adjust the entire wing trailing edge geometry. ie. C in the center position, trailing edge (ailerons and flaps) straght, C in the up position, trailing edge up slightly (like spoilers), and C in the down position, trailing edge in the down (like flaps) position. The thing is i already have gone through the pains of setting up flaps with an elevator mix on the right slider (had to change elevator pushrod geometry so slider up was elevator neutral) and im hoping not to have to change everything around. Is there any way I can have the flap-aileron assigned to switch C, moving to predesignated endpoints, while still retraining the functionality of the slider as flaps only mixed with elevator? If theres any specific questions about the post, i know its probably confusing, please let me know and i can clarify

Thanks a-ton
Brian
Old 07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Glider reflex and camber on 9C

Flaps use channels 5 and 6, ailerons use channels 1 and 7 in the normal glider configuration. The transmitter is using unseen mixers to do this when you select the glider model type.

First, we need to set the flaps to a switch, but don't worry about the direction of movement, yet. We need to get the ailerons working first, and then adjust the flaps to match.

Go into the Basic menu, then the Aux-Ch menu and set channel 6 to Switch C. Don't worry about movements. You'll see that the flaps will both move when you flip the switch. Don't worry at all about how much and which way at this time.

Now set the first aileron: Go into the advanced menu and set a pmix so that flap1 is master, and aileron is slave. Flip switch C to the up reflex position, and then adjust the mix percentage so that aileron moves how you want it. Flip the switch to the down deflection and adjust the percentage for that direction.

Now set the second aileron: Repeat the above, with master as flap1 and slave as Aux1.

Now that the ailerons are moving in the correct directions, check the flaps. If they are moving in the correct direction, you're done. If not, reverse them. Now adjust the amount of flap travel in the up and down directions by adjusting their endpoints.

You'll find that even when you have deflected the flaps and ailerons with the switch, the aileron stick will still move the ailerons in the normal directions.