Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9CAP mixing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:50 PM
dloucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP mixing question

I have been flying with, and gradually learning about, the 9CAP transmitter. Recently, I built an Ultra Stick with ailerons and flaps. Each flap and aileron servo has its own channel. I cannot figure out how to get the three flight modes I want: 1. Ailerons act as ailerons and flaps act as flaps controlled by a slider. 2. Flaps act with the ailerons to provide full-span roll control. 3. Airbrake or crow where the flaps move opposite ailerons as brakes with near-idle throttle.
I suppose this can be done using a three position switch. Any help with this would be appreciated. Don
Old 07-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Krysta

Default RE: 9CAP mixing question

Hi dloucks,

Have you tried our FAQ on this on our website? You might find this helpful:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q787.html

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: dloucks

I have been flying with, and gradually learning about, the 9CAP transmitter. Recently, I built an Ultra Stick with ailerons and flaps. Each flap and aileron servo has its own channel. I cannot figure out how to get the three flight modes I want: 1. Ailerons act as ailerons and flaps act as flaps controlled by a slider. 2. Flaps act with the ailerons to provide full-span roll control. 3. Airbrake or crow where the flaps move opposite ailerons as brakes with near-idle throttle.
I suppose this can be done using a three position switch. Any help with this would be appreciated. Don
Old 07-16-2006, 01:06 PM
dloucks

Default RE: 9CAP mixing question

Krysta, thank you for your prompt reply. I went to the page you recommended. Unfortunately, I was not sucessful in accomplishing my goal. I seemed to get pretty close, though! There seems to be some steps or information missing. I did discover how to sync the flaps with the ailerons or to not have them synced via switch position, but the crow or airbrake will not function with the current info. I will call you Monday. I am learning a lot about the 9CAP in the process. Thanks for you help, Don Loucks.