Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12Z Flaperon Programming

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:06 PM
MSBOB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12Z Flaperon Programming

I am trying to set up Flaperons using the CAMBER MIX MENU. The ailerons are working normally. I have looked at the Futaba 12Z FAQ site but the insructions for doing this were not detailed enough for me.
I have Flaperons setup on the 9C and I am trying to duplicate this operation on the 12Z.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Krysta

Default RE: 12Z Flaperon Programming

Hi MSBOB,

How is your radio reacting? Are you gettting Aileron action? Did you make sure to use the 2 Aileron wing type? Have you tried setting this up using your Airbrake menu? Try that and see if it works for you, if you do, make sure that you have it activated, and set your percentages in "Tuning" not in Offset as there is a mistake in the FAQ for Airbrake...

Let us know more of how you have this set up, Krysta

I am trying to set up Flaperons using the CAMBER MIX MENU. The ailerons are working normally. I have looked at the Futaba 12Z FAQ site but the insructions for doing this were not detailed enough for me.
I have Flaperons setup on the 9C and I am trying to duplicate this operation on the 12Z.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
MSBOB

I do have 2 Aileron setup. I have been able to get Flaperons to work if I use the Airbrake menu, but the the flaperons are either all the way On or Off. Not continuously variable like I have them on the 9C. I am trying to duplicate the operation on the 12Z.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you go into the camber mix, you have to press the knob of the cursor joystick to go to the second page of the camber mix AFR. You adjust how much aileron droop you get and then how much elevator compensation you get. You can adjust how fast the camber changes in the CAMBER AFR section. You also press the joystick switch to get to the second page.

If you have flaps, too, then set up a mix with camber as master and flaps as slave. Now, when you activate camber, the flaps will deflect. You can use NULL as the flap control, unless you want to have the flaps operate independently of the ailerons when you add them.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
MSBOB

Thanks for your response. I will try again using the info you have provided.
Again, thank you much.
Bob Thornton