Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba Buddy box problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Moniman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Buddy box problem

Hi, Using 2 Futaba Skysport 6 transmitters. One as master and the other as a buddy box. Have a Futaba GYA 350 gyro on the rudder, used for takeoff only. System works fine when controlled from the master xmtr but when control is given to the buddy box and channel 5 switch is activated, rudder drifts to the left and locks up. It returns to neutral when channel 5 switch is de-activated. Switch on gyro is set to "elevator". "C" gain is set at 100 and "G" gain is set at 125. Any ideas to correct this problem will be appreciated. Thanks, Henry
Old 07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
papion007
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Buddy box problem

Make sure the trim on the buddy box is set just like the master.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Buddy box problem

The problem is that there is no trim control on channel 5, and the student transmitter has a slightly-different setting for center on that channel than the master transmitter. The only way to get them to match would be to send them both to the service center to have them calibrated together.