Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

New HI/LO receivers from Futaba?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HI/LO receivers from Futaba?

I am interested in swaping out my older Futaba PPM receivers to PCM versions, and I want the Hi/Lo frequency capability as well. I do not need all 9 channels in many of my planes.
My specific questions are...
1. What model numbers are currently available (or coming soon) in PCM Hi/Lo?
2. Is there any compromise in tuning/signal strength, etc, in going to the Hi/Lo types?
Thanks very much for the updated info.
jim
Old 07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New HI/LO receivers from Futaba?

We're not sure what you mean when you're asking about a HI/LO receiver. Current PCM receivers are:

R436IP (6 channels)
R138DP (8 channels)
R148DP (8 channels)
R149DP (9 channels)

All except the R149DP must be order on either the high (channel 36-60) or low (channel 11-35) frequency bands. The R149DP is not restricted to a high or low frequency choice. Just install any desired crystal in the 72 MHz band.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Capt Jim

Hi/Lo is the marking that Futaba places on their new receivers that will accomodate ANY crystal frequency across the entire band...not just either HighBand or LowBand. Here is a link to a ebay ad offering a hi/lo non-PCM 8 channel rx...an apparently new part number.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Does Futaba plan to expand this hi/lo concept to the rest of their receiver product line so as to be competitive with the other major suppliers?

The second part of my question is....will there be any signal degradation, or loss of signal strength due to the new broad band tuning in the new hi/lo receivers.
thanks.
Jim
Old 07-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Bax

Again, we're not sure of this "Hi/Lo" business. Some of the receivers are not limited to upper or lower parts of the 72 mHz frequency band. The receivers aren't marked as such, though, and the one in the pic you linked to didn't have such a marking. It does have the red box with a "DC" for "Dual Conversion" on it.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Capt Jim

Hi Bax....Re: Hi/Lo....I'm not making this up.....Futaba places a very small sticker on the SIDE of the receiver, (Not on the top)...and it says..."Hi/Lo". It is a red sticker with white lettering. I have purchased a number of these brand new receivers from various online dealers, and they are all marked that way. But disregarding that little bit of nomenclature, what I wanted to know is if Futaba is now, or will be in the near future, expanding that entire band capability in other recievers besides the 9 channel.
Thanks again.
jim
Old 07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Bax

We can only state what is going on now. We don't know what Futaba may plan in the future.