Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9CAP Tx replacement needed HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:16 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9CAP Tx replacement needed HELP

I am up in Alaska travelling around in a RV and flying where I can.[ Currently Fairbanks ]

today my trusty Futaba 9 Tx went wrong. I was flying when I noticed that the aileron trim was not working, no movement and no beep. About 30 seconds later I got a couple of BIG GLITCHES. Got it back on the ground ASAP [ which was interesting as I only had 50% control of 50% of surfaces approx.! ]a nd watched all sort of uncommanded movements for another 30 seconds. After 15 minutes stick twiddling everything seems to have settled back to normal EXCEPT NO AILERON TRIM. Clearly I have a Tx problem.

Is there a another Futaba Tx say the 7 that will feel EXACTLY the same as my old 9. Same case with rate and other switches in the same place. I am a hooligan 3D pilot and switch between different mixes a lot so I do not want to have to learn a new case/switch layout.

Oh yes and I want to stay with 72 megs FM.

I suppose I can get my old 9 serviced but as we are travelling around getting things coordinated for pickup his a major hassle esp. when you are unsure of package arrival dates.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 PM
ronofnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9CAP Tx replacement needed HELP

Check your battery charger-on-off switch assembly, see my post.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The new 10C is about a close to your 9C as a new system can be. You'll be able to use a CamPac to transfer model setups from the 9C to the 10C (as long as you don't reformat the CamPac).

You'd be able to put your 9C transmitter frequency module into the 10C and use all your existing setups. The programming will be virtually identical, with a few added functions. The 7C will have fewer functions and may not suit your needs. The 7C FASST transmitter does have some functions the 72MHz 7C does not, since it's a newer system.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bax ... are you saying that I could buy a new 10C, take the synthesized module from my 9C, install in the 10C, and I could then use all of my existing receivers, etc? Are there any receiver issues with the 10C like there were with the 9Z?

thanks

Bruce
Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The 10C uses the same 72 MHz modules as the 9C. It does use a different 2.4 GHz FASST module, which will give you the 10 channels of operation. You can use all existing Futaba 72 MHz receivers with the 10C.