Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Snap Roll question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap Roll question

Bax,
I have a new 7c 2.4 radio system. It is in a Showtime 90. I have the ailerons programed as flaperons and the elevator servos slaved together. Channel 5 is slaved to channel 2. When I hit the snap roll switch the elevator half on channel 2 will move up, but the elevator half on channel 5 does not move at all. When I pull back or push forward however on the elevator stick both sides respond as they are supposed too. Is this normal, or do I have something programed wrong possibly. This is my first futaba radio system so I will need as much guidance as possible I am sure.
Thanks
Alan
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Snap Roll question

Refer to page 45 in the 7C manual. Look for Ailevator function.

Woodie
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Grampaw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snap Roll Switch? Man, am I behind times! Is there a switch for a Stall Turn, a Loop, or a Barrel Roll? I don't want to put anyone down here, but the Snap Roll has been around for some time, and is not too complicated to learn to "do it yourself." If you have to have the switch, make sure it can't be accidently triggered or it could mess up your airplane at the wrong time and place, like while in a Landing Approach and just beginning your Turn to Final. A Snap there will mess up your day for sure. I can't help it, it just struck me funny, a Snap Roll Switch! What next?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 AM
playntraffic

deleted
Old 04-12-2009, 11:14 AM
nmking09
My Feedback: (61)

I haven't found out how to fix this either. It seems that the 7C does not link mixes. Meaning that if you use the Ailevator function to set up elevators on different servos, when you do a rudder to ele mix only the ch 2 elevator moves, not the ch 5 elevator. I haven't found a remidy to this problem other than mixing both ch 2 and 5.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you use a mix to use dual elevator servos, the second servo will not be affected by other mixers. That's because the 7C lacks the "link" function, which is available in higher-level transmitters.