Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

How to program 12FGH Butterfly/CROW

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Magna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to program 12FGH Butterfly/CROW

Hi all

Migrated my ex Futaba 9CHP to 12FGH 2.4g recently, and with a more powerful sw, I decided to use the glider mode for my Simprop Big Excel. 4 servo wing and v tail.

So far I managed to set everything I need except some finer part of it.

In 12FGH glider mode, it also mentioned butterfly control is by throttle stick. I also need throttle stick for my motor control (and for electric flight, you need to REV the throttle channel) instead of default motor assigned to a 3 position switch.

For the Butterfly/CROW setup, I manage to set it up and deploy by a switch but I want it to have the capability where its link to my throttle stick so that when I want to abort landing, I can just power up and the butterfly is off. The link is also propo ie at zero motor, the butterfly is full and less when I advance the throttle.

But Ihave to set in such way that the CROWis completely off only when my stick is at full WOT, if Ichose other points, the CROWwill go into opposite when my stick is a WOT. (flap up, aileron down)...

**In Airplane mode, this is easier to accomplish because it have auto mode where you can link it to throttle stick and preset the point of full deployment. And also have VR fine tuning where I can varies the rate of deployment on the fly if the original preset is not enough.

**I did not use Airplane mode because airplane mode has no Trim mix where I can set thermal and speed more for my camber/reflex setup and also no AIL to FLAP mix built in.
Anyone with 12FG and in same situation as me?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Magna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to program 12FGH Butterfly/CROW

In the end I think I solve the problem myself despite the poorly written 12FG manual.

I now have full CROW at zero throttle and off CROW at half throttle point, and manual activated via  a switch instead of the GLIDER default setup.