Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Open letter to Xu Liang (RC EXL) ignitions

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Open letter to Xu Liang (RC EXL) ignitions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 AM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open letter to Xu Liang (RC EXL) ignitions

Aw, John, let 'em rant. A good dog fight oftenreveals thetruth.

Jack
Old 10-30-2010, 07:56 AM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All it reveals is that Ralph has a customer who is unhappy. Ralphs craftmanship is superb. He has been in business 23 years, if he was a crook these forums would be flooded with complaints. They're not. Take it off line please.
John
Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 AM
jbdismukes

No question about Ralph's work. I just enjoy watdhing whiners get their come uppance.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can appreciate the state of the RC Exl website. Software things work a little differently in China so I would be the last one to be overly concerned about a software version sequence.

About "downsizing" the size of our ignition modules. I work in a state of the art industry that uses RC "style" ignitions. They started out CH (we crossed the Atlantic with them several times) but as demand increased waaay beyond what CH could produce we made our own. Using the best of everything, and going far beyond what any RC modeler could ever hope for in electrical delivery and relibility, the best we've been able to do is increase the size of the module slightly. If you want good or better, the size is not going to change. At least not for smaller.

For those that appear new to this hobby, and I'm using post counts for that determination, you should learn a little back ground before pouncing on Ralph. Like me, he speaks directly. Perhaps quite a bit more directly, and at times a bit gruff. As you children get older you'll find yourselves doing the same because you've already had a lifetime of trying to please everyone all the time and found out it didn't work. So you say what you mean and let the weaklings lay where they fell. There's a lot of puss, er people, that can't handle that, having grown up in a PC world where everything is spoken in soft innuendos and avoiding any possibility of offense. I've known and worked with Ralph for a good many years and to this date I cannot figure out how he makes any money on his work. All the stuff I've had him do has cost him more in postage to return to me than I paid on the bill. Yes, sometimes he makes a mistake, just like everyone else does. He has always taken care of a problem once that problem was effectively established.

What I've read in this thread appears to be a lot of "new" people to gas engines making judgment calls based upon a zero knowledge background and using vernacular to establish points of attack. There are also a few that were (or are) commercial distributors of gas engines, people that have been known to tell a lie when the truth would damage their ability to sell a product. Proof of that is found in their decisions to abandon sales of a product because of severe reliability issues with products previously stated to be among the "best". The addition of so many new people to gas engines, that already know everything there is to know about gas engines and the people that pioneered this end of the hobby, makes me pretty happy about my decisions to frequent the "beginner" RC forums much less in order to spend time with people that really know what they are doing.

So it's my opinion a lot of people need to shut up and back out of the conversation while they take a little time to learn something about which they speak. I don't need a flame suit because I don't care what people say or think. I won't lose a sale because I don't sell, and there's nobody in this forum, except Ralph, that has a thing they could teach me about gas engines or RC. Take this a step farther a great many of you use, everyday, knowlege you obtained, either directly or indirectly, from me.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 AM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

I can appreciate the state of the RC Exl website. Software things work a little differently in China so I would be the last one to be overly concerned about a software version sequence.

About ''downsizing'' the size of our ignition modules. I work in a state of the art industry that uses RC ''style'' ignitions. They started out CH (we crossed the Atlantic with them several times) but as demand increased waaay beyond what CH could produce we made our own. Using the best of everything, and going far beyond what any RC modeler could ever hope for in electrical delivery and relibility, the best we've been able to do is increase the size of the module slightly. If you want good or better, the size is not going to change. At least not for smaller.

For those that appear new to this hobby, and I'm using post counts for that determination, you should learn a little back ground before pouncing on Ralph. Like me, he speaks directly. Perhaps quite a bit more directly, and at times a bit gruff. As you children get older you'll find yourselves doing the same because you've already had a lifetime of trying to please everyone all the time and found out it didn't work. So you say what you mean and let the weaklings lay where they fell. There's a lot of puss, er people, that can't handle that, having grown up in a PC world where everything is spoken in soft innuendos and avoiding any possibility of offense. I've known and worked with Ralph for a good many years and to this date I cannot figure out how he makes any money on his work. All the stuff I've had him do has cost him more in postage to return to me than I paid on the bill. Yes, sometimes he makes a mistake, just like everyone else does. He has always taken care of a problem once that problem was effectively established.

What I've read in this thread appears to be a lot of ''new'' people to gas engines making judgment calls based upon a zero knowledge background and using vernacular to establish points of attack. There are also a few that were (or are) commercial distributors of gas engines, people that have been known to tell a lie when the truth would damage their ability to sell a product. Proof of that is found in their decisions to abandon sales of a product because of severe reliability issues with products previously stated to be among the ''best''. The addition of so many new people to gas engines, that already know everything there is to know about gas engines and the people that pioneered this end of the hobby, makes me pretty happy about my decisions to frequent the ''beginner'' RC forums much less in order to spend time with people that really know what they are doing.

So it's my opinion a lot of people need to shut up and back out of the conversation while they take a little time to learn something about which they speak. I don't need a flame suit because I don't care what people say or think. I won't lose a sale because I don't sell, and there's nobody in this forum, except Ralph, that has a thing they could teach me about gas engines or RC. Take this a step farther a great many of you use, everyday, knowlege you obtained, either directly or indirectly, from me.

Well said Pat!! Ralph is one of the very few on here that really KNOWS engines! If he says it, I believe it!!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:24 AM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey TOM, Love to hear it "Told like it is" & hope I'll continue to see post from you & your colleagues for longtimes to come. Usually an enjoyable learning experience. Do you have any info or toughts on Enyas' glow plug for gas? Many Thanx T-man49
Old 10-30-2010, 10:04 AM
jbdismukes

Before I get painted with the wrong brush (limitedposts) let me clarifythat Iam in total agreement with Antiqueand TOM. I just enjoy watching fools like P51D open his mouthand chew on his foot a while, then have someone like Ralph set him straight. I'm interested to see if he will, in fact, post any pics.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:32 AM
52jaws
My Feedback: (65)

I think every one needs to read the very "first" post here and then imagine that it was posted by "R/C rookie" (phoney name I hope)
I'd be interested to see the difference in all the comments and changes and how many more moved their expertise level up a notch or two. Still dont understand the meaning behind it having been posted (no need to defend it). Just seems like it was a way to vent to me but experience and knowledge had no bearing or effect on getting a response. People spend SOOO much time ranting,complaining and boo hooing. Take your frustrations out on a local politician instead.....it'd make more sense and this forum would be full of smiles. :-D

Everyone should practice a little humility every once in a while.....Everyone!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know Ralph, and I know how he speaks. I also understand what he was trying to get across because of that. Could he have said things better? Yep, but that's not the way it was. You, and a few others, jumped in with both feet before you had any inclination about his personality or mannerisms. It might be better if you backed out now while you still maintain what little dignity you have left.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:22 AM
damroadhog

Well said, Ralph is first class in every way !

Need help ? give Him a call and He will talk all day as if you had known Him for life.

Try this one on for size
I sent Ralph a ZDZ 80 for a new IGN and CM6 conversion, about a week went by and united plane smashers drops off a box, it's my engine back from Ralph, all the work and new ign installed as He said it would be. What blew my mind about this deal ? Ralph did not call or e-mail for payment , He put a bill in the box and shipped it out.

This was my first deal with Ralph, we had only talked on the phone when I called him for help, and He is very nice to talk with as well.

Bashing Ralph here or anywhere is not the wise thing to do, He has worked and helped many in his time.

Ralph ,Thank you.

Dave

Old 10-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Super08

ORIGINAL: damroadhog

Well said, Ralph is first class in every way !

Need help ? give Him a call and He will talk all day as if you had known Him for life.

// snip //

Bashing Ralph here or anywhere is not the wise thing to do, He has worked and helped many in his time.

Ralph ,Thank you.

Dave

ditto....'nuff said.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:03 PM
52jaws

WOW!!!!!
Is Ralph the coming Messiah?? Whats with all the "It might be better if you backed out now while you still maintain what little dignity you have left." and "Bashing Ralph here or anywhere is not the wise thing to do" !!!! Whaaaaaaaat is this?
Who are you two warning? Is Ralph going to sit me in a chair and plug me into 100 RcExl ignitions and light me up??
I'm sure the moderators fingers are poised and ready to shut this post down soon but please you guys ....get a grip.
If Ralph is as professional as noted by all the loooove here then why the origianl post?? Im not saying he isnt just saying...as I said before...maybe he needed to vent a little.
If its actually an ego problem (those with an ego never know it) then it will eventually be dealt with at some intellectual level.

I own nothing of Ralphs...Never bought anythinig from him because Ive never needed to. He obviously knows what he is doing as seen by his success. Good stuff no doubt....but you cult followers...WOW with the warnings of " youd better" "or else"..... BLAAAAAHHH. Get a life. This is a hobby not an under grund game-rooster fight. Puff your chest elsewhere.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

The original post was a try to communicate with Xu Liang, no more, no less, no bashing...Which, by the way, has been accomplished....
Were you taught reading comprehension in grade school ?? And minding your own business ?
Old 10-30-2010, 12:21 PM
52jaws

You know Ralph... You know your stuff about engines but your too ignorant to realize this is an open forum...pull your head out!

Don't know what happened to you to make your life require you to be such an Ego maniac but whether you like it or not...your experience gives you no license to be a jerk.

I "was" taught reading comprehension in grade school...... Were you taught how to communicate via email by an old Chinese emporer.....no youd have learned the language and this post have never happend.

Quit being crusty and swallow your pride for once.

Ancient Chinese proverb..... "Better to keep mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"..... try using it.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:21 PM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

52jaws,
No but Ralph is well respected here - as he should be.
John
Old 10-30-2010, 12:28 PM
52jaws

Yeah...Im not heading my own advice...put my energy elswhere..
To the relief of all the followers of the great engine messiah I will respond no more
I know I know...good by and good riddens are the wishes Ill receive.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Antique

The original post was a try to communicate with Xu Liang, no more, no less, no bashing...Which, by the way, has been accomplished....
Were you taught reading comprehension in grade school ?? And minding your own business ?
You didn't try very hard as there are numerous ways to contact Xu Liang. By the way, he showed extreme class by apologizing publicly for NOT RECEIVING YOUR EMAIL. Might we see something similar from you for being too lazy to try other contact methods before trashing him on line? Have you even bothered to apologize privately?

You may have damaged your relationship with Xu Liang but I am certain you don't see it.

Yes, you got what you wanted...attention from devoted followers.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Super08

Why does everything always need to come to name calling. Is it miss-read intentions on the forums or what. Ralph was not the only person having problems getting his orders in. It has been brought up by others in other threads that I have seen. From what I can see Ralph got a bit frustrated and made this thread. It solved his problem and he is now in contact again. I have no idea what Ralph's computer or internet skills are, but I can tell you he is no young kid and not everyones internet skills are the same to exhaust all avenues of contacting someone. If his past method of contacting someone stops working than he cannot get the supplies he needs.... give it a rest folks this is not that big a deal to be fighting over.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:58 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Ralph

Joe Nall 2010

In all fairness to everybody, My last two Emails were not replied to.

I will give it another try, I thought something might be wrong with Mr Xu Liang.

Milton
Old 10-30-2010, 01:29 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

This message is to W8ye- why did you take out the prior message from Dick T. that I copied into my post below when you edited my post? I am copying what is left of my edited post here:

". It"s still up to the vendor to make it easy for them to contact them. so do you call your customers lazy if they have trouble contacting you?

Ed

< Message edited by w8ye 10/29/2010 11:32 PM > "

When you do that it distorts why I made my post and probably makes some people wonder why I made my last comment.
If you are going to do that kind of editing I would prefer that you just delete my post or at least give a better explanation of why you edited it as you did. You should also notify me if you are editing my post as I just noticed it was edited.

Ed
Old 10-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Ralph

Joe Nall 2010

In all fairness to everybody, My last two Emails were not replied to.

I will give it another try, I thought something might be wrong with Mr Xu Liang.

Milton
What many don't understand about email to China is the government there electronically monitors every in/out message. Any electronic difference in your email routing, address, subject line, key words, etc. can trigger their systems to reroute or dump the message. Some rerouted messages are humanly screened and sent on, most are dumped.

The best way to utilize email to/from China is to save any response email from somone there and always use it for your message (reply to. Their address, topic line and message has already cleared so is unlikely to be stopped.

We in America enjoy, at this time, unfiltered internet and email access. Many other countries do not and don't give a squat what we think about it nor care who we think we are.

This is why your communications with people in other countries, especially China and Russia, need alternate online addresses or other means of communicatons. Just using one and complaining online when it doesn't work illustrates a lack of knowledge and in the case of this thread, an additional self important attitude.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

For all you doubters, I have purchased over $14,000 dollars worth of RC EXL ignitions...I guess I can qualify as a distributor..Nope, no retail sales, all $14,000 dollars wotth were for my own use... .I just ordered more this morning...There is NO friction between myself and XU Liang, and never has been....Just something wrong with the E mail, and mine was not the only problem...
Milton, Joe Nall 2011
Somebody said something about a browser, I said Mozilla, I was WRONG It's Sea Monkey 2.0.10, the latest version...
Old 10-30-2010, 02:55 PM
dave de
My Feedback: (12)

I,m in the market for a new engine. Does ralph have a website where I can look at his engines?? Thanks
Old 10-30-2010, 03:04 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PM him
Old 10-30-2010, 03:18 PM
R C 1935
Banned

I have no website, I am nowR C1935
I was Antique...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.