Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

dle 55 Ingition Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:46 PM
bbrown2828
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dle 55 Ingition Problems

ok i was at the local fly in this weekend flew my edge about 4 flights in the morning and then flew my yak the rest of the day then I went back and got my edge and flew it in the carrier landing competion and it flew fine again then I went to do the table top bowling and started it up and bamb sloppy rich and missing really bad so we pulled the plug and it looked to be really rich and was black so i put a new plug in it leaned it up a little and started it back up this morning at the fly in for the first flight of the morning and it started up and had a ok Idle and then when i gave it gas it was sloppy rich again and missing really bad

I was just wondering if this could be a ingition going bad I dont have but about 3 gallon of fuel threw the motor it is just getting broke in

is there anyway to test th eingition to check it to see if its bad

Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 PM
wesaysoracing

Default RE: dle 55 Ingition Problems

sounds more like crud in the carb or a ignition battery with low voltage
Old 06-06-2011, 06:38 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Low battery indeed sounds the same. Idle OK, but misses at rpm increase.
I am still foolish enough to think that people keep their engine fuel systems clean.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Razor Hobbies
My Feedback: (50)

I would recommend charging your batteries fully. Then try that. If that does not work then check your wires to see if one of them is not fraid or broken.

If you are running the stock dle ignition test your engine with a known good ignition. Those ignitions sometimes fail.

Make sure that your spark plug has got a good seal.

Also make sure that your choke is not obstructing any airflow. If your choke is half or somewhat engaged then it will suck more fuel.

Try those first most likely batteries or ignition going bad.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
bbrown2828
My Feedback: (76)

ok well i checked battery and it is good I have 6 volts coming out of the regulator. Ichecked the Ingition it has spark so tomorrow Iwill start it up with the opto kill bypassed and see if that might be my problem
Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bbrown2828

ok well i checked battery and it is good I have 6 volts coming out of the regulator. I checked the Ingition it has spark so tomorrow I will start it up with the opto kill bypassed and see if that might be my problem

i had a bad experience with an optokill ...i bypassed it and the motor ran like a top.... i recently purchased another optokill (same brand)and it works like a charm .. my first one must have been a lemon

Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Razor Hobbies
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: bbrown2828

ok well i checked battery and it is good I have 6 volts coming out of the regulator. I checked the Ingition it has spark so tomorrow I will start it up with the opto kill bypassed and see if that might be my problem
That would have been helpful to know.

Anytime you are running addons always start by process of elimination. Bypass each to see if it interferes. I will say in the past i have had instances where the opto kill switch was causing the problem.

Anytime if you are having problems post up any addons that you may have added. Cause the addons can potentially be the culprit.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: pe reivers
I am still foolish enough to think that people keep their engine fuel systems clean.
Foolish indeed.

Most seem to think the filters hanging on the hobby shop walls work for gas engines. I love the crap trap filters. Aptly named since they are pure crap and a trap for the buyer. Then you have the group that would rather install 4 or 5 sub performance filters instead of one or two good ones in the right places.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you use TOM? are the hangar 9 (gold) filters ok to use right before the carb?