Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Tuning the DA-60

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:34 PM
rcinspired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning the DA-60

<meta charset="utf-8">Hello
my DA-60 is just not tuned right. i already flew it about 20 times so far, but decided to start fresh and tune it myself. I closed all needles and opened the high needle 1 1/8 and 1 full turn for low needle, according to manual. Do i focus first on low needle without touching high needle. until i get good idle and snappy transition. and then move to high needle? Also, if later i start to tweaking the low needle, lets say clock wise, do i adjust the high needle equally counter clockwise
thanks for your help.</meta>
Old 06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Tuning the DA-60

High needle first. Peak the rpm at wot. Low needle next. 3,000-4,000 rpm peak the low needle. Check transition, it will be lean. Open low needle until the transition is good. Then revisit the high needle to assure it's at peak. Go fly and fine tune after flying. A long upline on a broken in engine will tell all you need to know about the high side. Low side will be spoken for by throttle response/transition. Don't do long uplines with a new engine. They have a tendency to suddenly stop when they get hot.