Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

anybody else had this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM
armyguy466
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody else had this problem?

on my motor i have a CDI iginition system and for the longest time i didn't understand why it wouldn'trun right and it would just die i finally caught it after 3 weeks of the problems i seen my spark was great when i go to use it the first time but after a min it would fade out and stop working i'd have to let it sit for about 30mins and it would work i always thought that if the igintion was bad it would just not work all together so has anybody else see this type of problem
Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: anybody else had this problem?

If it's truly the ignition and not the battery it's called a defective coil. They can only get so cheap before they become unreliable or ineffective. They have no competiton now so they can use whatever parts they want. Where else you going to go?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
armyguy466
My Feedback: (2)

its a version2 CDI from CRRC so ya its a cheapy iginition. i just always thought they just stopped working not be random.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:56 PM
hanko

just had that happen with a fairly new DLE 55. would start and run fine on first flight and quit on landing (throttle down). I think when they get hot the problem apperas. Put in new engine, alls well
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
hanko

I mean new ignition
Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
aussiesteve

A battery pack with a dud cell or two will also do this. Fresh, good condition properly charged 4 cell NiMh or NiCd pack and see if it makes a difference. Is it a genuine RCExcel that is installed as not far fom where CRRC make their engines there is a company that supplies a near identical looking unit that is not very good in the long term?

A couple of things about Chinese products in General

1 - Their business culture is based on selling on price. Raw materials are sold at similar pricing around the world (specification for specification), They have rampant inflation so that wages, rents etc are increasing rapidly. Their foreign exchange rate is dropping the value of thier currency. The only way they can keep competing in the manner they are used to (on price) is to reduce their input costs - cheaper labor, cheaper materials, cheaper rents and less "wastage". Of course there are one or two exceptions that do understand the value of a decent quality product adn backup service but they are the exception by far.

2 - If the Chinese taking over the world is really that much of a concern to us - why are we paying them to do it?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

A battery pack with a dud cell or two will also do this. Fresh, good condition properly charged 4 cell NiMh or NiCd pack and see if it makes a difference. Is it a genuine RCExcel that is installed as not far fom where CRRC make their engines there is a company that supplies a near identical looking unit that is not very good in the long term?

A couple of things about Chinese products in General

1 - Their business culture is based on selling on price. Raw materials are sold at similar pricing around the world (specification for specification), They have rampant inflation so that wages, rents etc are increasing rapidly. Their foreign exchange rate is dropping the value of thier currency. The only way they can keep competing in the manner they are used to (on price) is to reduce their input costs - cheaper labor, cheaper materials, cheaper rents and less "wastage". Of course there are one or two exceptions that do understand the value of a decent quality product adn backup service but they are the exception by far.

2 - If the Chinese taking over the world is really that much of a concern to us - why are we paying them to do it?
We pay for & giveeverything for other countries...because our leaders are stupid............