Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CH Ignition-Hall effect sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 PM
numancia
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CH Ignition-Hall effect sensors

I have gone through several of these sensors on my in line twin made by Clark Industries. The problem seems to be heat, or rather too much of it! Have now resorted to encasing the lead outs in silicon tube taken out of old coffee machines. The whole area is also shielded with G10 painted with Bob Violet heat barrier paint. The area between the front cylinder header and crankcase is where the most heat is which has melted the teflon wire insulation resulting in short outs. As CH are currently non operational due to Bill's health issues, can anyone help with advise on where to get the Hall Sensors he uses? Thanks NUMANCIA.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CH Ignition-Hall effect sensors

The Rcexl hall sensors work with C&H igniitons, there are many, easy to find, Rcexl retailers.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try Jody at Valley View RC. Dan.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: numancia

I have gone through several of these sensors on my in line twin made by Clark Industries. The problem seems to be heat, or rather too much of it! Have now resorted to encasing the lead outs in silicon tube taken out of old coffee machines. The whole area is also shielded with G10 painted with Bob Violet heat barrier paint. The area between the front cylinder header and crankcase is where the most heat is which has melted the teflon wire insulation resulting in short outs. As CH are currently non operational due to Bill's health issues, can anyone help with advise on where to get the Hall Sensors he uses? Thanks NUMANCIA.
The RCEXL sensor is fine on our older C&H ignitions. Just solder on a three male Deans or make a jumper Futaba to Deans.
BCCHI
Old 07-19-2011, 05:22 AM
numancia
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks you guys and a special greeting to BC, hope you continue to get healthy again. Numancia