Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

JC EVO Engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JC EVO Engines

Just wanted to tell you guys the experience of my JC EVO engine.. I have been running a JC EVO 120cc twin on my 36% sbach for testing.. It replaced an old 3w 106 TOC.. Already more power!! The engine is lighter in weight as well..The cylinder deign is totally new and the latest version and is like none other. I truly believe they will be the flagship china engines.. It has touch more power than the similar 111cc china engine and is lighter. We have also tested the 23cc and 30cc with great success and am currently working on testing a 60cc single!!. All have a billet 771 machined crankcase and as always includes standoff mufflers, ect. Below are videos of me piloting the JC 120 and JC 30. Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjJn...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8UW2...layer_embedded
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77133.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1703560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48211.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1703561  
Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM
ceecrb1

Default RE: JC EVO Engines

I wish JC would´ve concentrated more on building my JC28 well rather than designing new engines....
Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM
taildragger21

There is a bit of history on these engines.. Good and bad.. Mine are still in testing and have found positive results. I do believe Kevin to finnally understand quality.. I however will wring these out until I know they are good. That is why they are not available to sell yet by me. Thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
norbert001

Hi Colin,
The offer still stands, if you want me to take a look at your 28 I will do it willingly.
All you got to do it stick it in the post.

Paul
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
ceecrb1

Thanks paul!

TBH, the dle 30 is going SO well that I doubt i'll be needing the services of the JC. But thanks again for the offer!!
The difference really has been night and day.

I´ve stored it for another day incase I change my mind, if this happens you´ll be the first to hear about it!!

Also I do wish to make it perfectly clear, I am not saying all jc's are crap and get X brand instead.
Just that MY jc28 gave me problems. NOT that all jc28s give problems.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ceecrb1

I wish JC would´ve concentrated more on building my JC28 well rather than designing new engines....

I think Paul and Kevin have told you more than one time they would take care of it if you would send it to Paul, So it looks to me like they are very concentrated on building your engine.

What else can you ask for.

Milton
Old 12-23-2011, 07:27 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: ceecrb1

I think Paul and Kevin have told you more than one time they would take care of it if you would send it to Paul, So it looks to me like they are very concentrated on building your engine.

What else can you ask for.

Milton
My single issue with the JC-28 is the noise level. The engine runs great, starts easy, has lots of power and has been rock solid reliable for about fifteen hours or run time. Fairly recently a cross wind got the best of a landing and the muffler down tube was bent and opened a crack where it welded to the muffler. I ordered another and got prompt shipment but the mounting was not offset as much as the original and it would not clear the cowl. On hand was a steel muffler from a Zenoah G-26 with the same bolt pattern and with a slight indentation to the muffler body, it mounted fine.

The bark is gone with only a slight loss of power.... I'm happier than ever.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: taildragger21

There is a bit of history on these engines.. Good and bad.. Mine are still in testing and have found positive results. I do believe Kevin to finnally understand quality.. I however will wring these out until I know they are good. That is why they are not available to sell yet by me. Thanks
I have a question about the History. Was this engine always called aEVO from the start? Was it namedEVO because of a more well know engine???? Capt,n
Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 PM
jersdunz
My Feedback: (1)

So who is selling these engines now??
I bought mine last year in June i think ( jc60 ) From planeaddicts.com it is my understanding that they stopped selling all the jc engines.

I was absolutely in love with it for about 4 gallons of use and then it started to leak at the base gasket. So in looking at the cylinder I learned that the lining that JC uses in there cylinders is crap. Mind you your cylinder fins are different from what i have.. So I really hope they have addressed the lining issue. I love the design of the engines primarily because it has HUGE ports it was designed to pump a lot of air which translates to HP. Also I love the finish in the case but they had to top it off with a grossly thin lining that wont handle the abuse of ANY excess carbon so here Is my suggestion.. I looked at the pistons out of a da200 that has over 20 gallons of use and They were in pristine Condition from the perfect airplane engine loving oil that redline makes.. Here is a clip that shows proof of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85O4h...UAGF3HX8FbBjYI

Here is a pic taken through the exhaust port at the New Warrantied cylinder in my engine.

If i were you I'd put the redline in the mix now and just deal with the 15 gallon break in period.
Just my 2 cents of real world experience though.. Love the sbach by the way

Here is my bird..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iif0P...OdnNwQ&lf=plcp
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
jersdunz

I had to have mine warrantied and they did replace the cylinder .. the one in the pic above Check out how they addressed the leak issue I was having.. It was superb

Its awesome that they managed to make so much power using a dle55 piston, ring and conrod mounted to a 3mm stroked crank with monster ports

Name:	Ge96548.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1727186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51364.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1727187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80323.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1727188  
Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Was not me, If all is right there is no need for sealer on the cylinder gasket.

Can you show us a picture of the top of the cylinder.

Would like to see if it was replaced with one of the old style cylinders.

Milton
Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
taildragger21

Thanks for the comment on the sbach. Love it. Who did this warranty work?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
jersdunz

Was not me, If all is right there is no need for sealer on the cylinder gasket.

Can you show us a picture of the top of the cylinder.

Would like to see if it was replaced with one of the old style cylinders.

Milton
i'll have to look at my pic files from last summer for the top of the piston.. He did say it was a new style piston but after I texted him these pics the communication stopped..
It is still working however. I looked at the piston last saturday and its still doing pretty good no carbon build up and only wearing on the bottom corners of the skirts.
We looked at it because it started rattling like it needs a crank bearing.

It was planeaddicts and just so you know I would still buy from them they were fast and fair. But i'll refrain from sending an engine that way.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Milton wants to see the top of the cylinder - not the piston
Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
jersdunz

milton, All i could find was the pics of the first tear down when I realized I had a bad carbon problem..
What kind of price would it be to have you put new crank bearings in for me.. i'll pm you my email address and phone number.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
BadAzzMaxx

All it will cost you is the shipping cost both way's

The engine has to be still under warranty.

Might be a couple weeks, I should have parts by then.

Milton
Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Is that picture after the cylinder was replaced, if so it is still the old style cylinder.

Probably all they had at the time, New cylinders have only been available for the last couple months

Milton
Old 02-14-2012, 08:57 PM
jersdunz

Is that picture after the cylinder was replaced, if so it is still the old style cylinder.

Probably all they had at the time, New cylinders have only been available for the last couple months

Milton
no this pic is of the engine new I am sure the cylinder is the same though.
I wouldn't really expect the parts to be free I didn't buy from you but that would certainly be cool though.
However I did modify the casting adges of the port bridges though... just to get rid of the flat spots.

I could include the original purchase info from paypal.
i'll give you a call at the shop sometime soon and follow up with a pic of the cylinder as it sits now. just to verify the version.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
BadAzzMaxx

OK, Just let me know and we will take care of it.

Milton
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
jersdunz

I made a quick call and had my buddy text me a pic my bird lives at his place. In fact I have never had it at home..lol

Name:	Om32817.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1727234  
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
BadAzzMaxx

That is the old style cylinder.

Milton
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Nice Job Chad, the Sbach is one great airplane I truly love mine. Its only the Pilot 30% but flies in the same manner as yours does.
I did fly a smaller version up in Montanna last year and wasn't that impressed, seemed heavy,felt heavy too ! but I could have been the way the guy had it set up,All I know is I didn't have enough elev, or anything else for that matter. YA know one of them there deals when the only thing that goes closed to full is the throttle.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 PM
taildragger21

ORIGINAL: Cyberwolf

Nice Job Chad, the Sbach is one great airplane I truly love mine. Its only the Pilot 30% but flies in the same manner as yours does.
I did fly a smaller version up in Montanna last year and wasn't that impressed, seemed heavy,felt heavy too ! but I could have been the way the guy had it set up,All I know is I didn't have enough elev, or anything else for that matter. YA know one of them there deals when the only thing that goes closed to full is the throttle.
Thanks!! I have had two 100cc versions and love them!! They are a sexy airplane, dont look like an extra/edge.. Precision like an extra, 3d like a yak.. Just a true all around airplane!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

I was watching the plane so much I almost forgot to post on how well the engine seems to run and it has plenty of beans for that plane plus.
I think if things hold up you may just have a winner.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM
taildragger21

ORIGINAL: Cyberwolf

I was watching the plane so much I almost forgot to post on how well the engine seems to run and it has plenty of beans for that plane plus.
I think if things hold up you may just have a winner.
LOL!! I is actually the goldwing 36%er.. The first run of them were folding wings.. I fly pretty violent and nothing yet. No signs of internal damage. I believe I got the V3 though.. I am not that good of a pilot but you should see how I pound on my EF 110" yak. Four years of full throttle walls, wide open snap-to-KE, tumbles, blow-overs, ect and it is still holding up!
The JC 120 is excellant.. You should see it now after some gallons!! It rips the sbach!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.