Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

the right prop for a bme102 on an extra

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

the right prop for a bme102 on an extra

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 11:10 PM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the right prop for a bme102 on an extra

let me ask this question in here.I have a BME 102 on a hanger 9 33% extra.
the finished plane will be around 29 lbs.
before I end up with a stack of expensive props which won't give me the rpm's I need, which props are you guys using for this above combo.
I already have a NX 26/10. I have flown with this prop but I'm not getting the full rpm's out if it. the engine has about 10-12 gallons of fuel through it already.
I just received the menz 26/10 but not the standard version ( that one was out of stock) but this prop looks thin. I wonder if it will slow the plane down or over rev.
because the standard menz was out of stock I ordered a DA 26/10 but this prop looks too thick. as thick as the NX and it feels allot heavier.
now I have three props that don't appeal to me.....
any experienced suggestions are welcomed.
I'm not ready for a composite prop just yet because i'm still doing testing on the plane with the cg. I don't want to bang up an expensive prop just yet.
also is there a preference between Bolly and Mejclik ?
Bugs
Old 08-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default Let 'er rev.

Try a Mejzlik 26-10. They rev better than the wooden props, and are airfoiled for higher rpm efficiency so they get out of the airplanes way as it's flying. Most wooden props are okay for normal flying, but if you want to GO (or [pull a 29 lbs plane) a Mejzlik 26-10 will be almost impossible to beat on that plane.

I don't think there is a prop out there that is going to pull as hard as this one, and you need all the pulling power you can get.

Kris^
Old 06-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: the right prop for a bme102 on an extra

What RPM's did you get with all those propellers?

ORIGINAL: bugsiegel

let me ask this question in here.I have a BME 102 on a hanger 9 33% extra.
the finished plane will be around 29 lbs.
before I end up with a stack of expensive props which won't give me the rpm's I need, which props are you guys using for this above combo.
I already have a NX 26/10. I have flown with this prop but I'm not getting the full rpm's out if it. the engine has about 10-12 gallons of fuel through it already.
I just received the menz 26/10 but not the standard version ( that one was out of stock) but this prop looks thin. I wonder if it will slow the plane down or over rev.
because the standard menz was out of stock I ordered a DA 26/10 but this prop looks too thick. as thick as the NX and it feels allot heavier.
now I have three props that don't appeal to me.....
any experienced suggestions are welcomed.
I'm not ready for a composite prop just yet because i'm still doing testing on the plane with the cg. I don't want to bang up an expensive prop just yet.
also is there a preference between Bolly and Mejclik ?
Bugs