Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE 20 spark plug boot and cap replacement

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20 spark plug boot and cap replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 20 spark plug boot and cap replacement

I seem to recall seeing a step by step (with photos) instruction post on how to replace a damaged boot/cap with a new boot/cap kit from RCEXL. It may have been in the DLE 55 thread or the DLE 30 thread.

I have a DLE 20 that I suspect has a boot/cap problem due to a crash and I want to replace it. I have the kit but there are no instructions with it. I have tried several search terms but so far have not found what I'm looking for. Does anyone recall an instruction post on how to replace the boot and cap and if so, give me a link to that post.

Thanks kindly
Indiomike
Old 05-10-2012, 01:56 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DLE 20 spark plug boot and cap replacement

ORIGINAL: Indiomike

I seem to recall seeing a step by step (with photos) instruction post on how to replace a damaged boot/cap with a new boot/cap kit from RCEXL. It may have been in the DLE 55 thread or the DLE 30 thread.

I have a DLE 20 that I suspect has a boot/cap problem due to a crash and I want to replace it. I have the kit but there are no instructions with it. I have tried several search terms but so far have not found what I'm looking for. Does anyone recall an instruction post on how to replace the boot and cap and if so, give me a link to that post.

Thanks kindly
Indiomike
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE 20 spark plug boot and cap replacement

pe reivers

Thank you. It was the post by jedijody showing photos along with step by step instructions. And thanks to Jody for his post. He has helped me on other issues also but I don't think he comes to RCU any more.

There are a number of folks here who willingly share their knowledge so those like me who are eager to learn can become more competent with engines and repair them when needed. I thank you one and all.

Indiomike