Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Evolution 58GX ignition setup question

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 58GX ignition setup question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:19 AM
RBSteffey123
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 58GX ignition setup question

I have an Evolution 58GX with the MVVS G2 ignition system and I need some feedback from anyone can help. <o></o>

I setup the throttle and choke servo into the Smart-Fly EQ6 Power Expander board that has an optical kill module. The MVVS ignition has features to “stop” the engine if firing backwards at startup and an auto-choke feature, input power has 7.4 volt 2600Mah Fromeco. <o></o>

Once setup, I can start the engine easily (Manual choke) and leaving ignition on after closed choke “pop”. If you turn ignition off and hand prop, then turn ignition on to start, it makes a loud “POP” igniting fuel in cylinder (So leaving ignition on going from closed choke to open position will prevent premature ignition). <o></o>

The engine sounds good on the ground (Tach’s at 6400 rpm) on the rich side, but prefer to not run lean. High throttle pulls like hell, and the low idle purrs at 1600 with 24x10 Mejlik CF prop. Carb settings are 1 ¾ out high needle, 1 ¾ out low needle <o></o>

Once air-born, I fly for a few minutes and the low idle changes and the rpm's start increasing and the gurgle and popping noise when idle sounds like the choke is partially closed? The rpm’s increase and I need to cut ignition or trim down to land .<o></o>

Does this MVVS G2 ignition require programming the choke if not using the "Auto-Choke" feature? I cannot find the “Programming” plug, will the “Bind” plug work from my AR8000 receiver?<o></o>

I have a Fromeco 2600 2s plugged in the smart-fly ignition module? I am also using HiTec digitals on the throttle & choke, going to change them to my older but very reliable and strong JR analog metal gear servos.<o></o>

Should I not use the Smart-Fly optical, and just plug ignition to 2S 7.4 fromeco directly?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.<o></o>

Rick

Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Kema

Default RE: Evolution 58GX ignition setup question

Spark plug connection is loose.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:42 AM
RBSteffey123
My Feedback: (57)

I checked the plug connection and all seems seated correctly...your thoughts as to why you say the plug would cause this?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
janch

http://www.mvvs.cz/technicka_podpora.html
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Evo 58GX magnets on the hub are 180 degrees apart, the GX2 ignition system needs the magents at 120 degrees apart. The newer ignition is incompatible with the older engine. (Unless I am misunderstanding your post)
You can order the GX2 hub for the GX engine or just convert it to an RCXEL ignition; the RCXel ignition will ignore the second magnet!