Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BEST 50cc CHINA ENGINE RIGHT NOW??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BEST 50cc CHINA ENGINE RIGHT NOW??

all you the is have to do is go to IMAC events 95% all fly DA that answers the question if DLE were superior the IMAC guys would use DLE thats all that needs to be said , !!!!!! end of story buy your china junk
Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: llindsey1965

all you the is have to do is go to IMAC events 95% all fly DA that answers the question if DLE were superior the IMAC guys would use DLE thats all that needs to be said , !!!!!! end of story buy your china junk
Take this over to the new thread where I can help answer your question.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this thread is geting down right hilarious, its amazing how grown men can get so worked up over engine brands. you fly what you want, I fly what I want and we all be happy!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There's DLE guys at the field that have had them since they came out but If you take notice, they've only flown any one DLE a half dozen times in a whole season. They've never had any trouble.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too much china made items....hey I would rather have less items in my house and I am sure I will feel better knowing at least I am trying somewhat to bring back goods made here in the USA . I am sure there is a lot of people out there that buy cheap...just so they can have more RC airplanes to fly. Hey...just cut back if you can on items from china....we sure got enough everywhere. Seems like lot of the big stores are actually your china product outlet stores....like everywhere !
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
captinjohn

MORE ON China made engines...ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
Old 06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: Waco

I think this thread is geting down right hilarious, its amazing how grown men can get so worked up over engine brands. you fly what you want, I fly what I want and we all be happy!
Speaking for myself only, I'm only upset at the obvious blatant example of extreme thread drift. Most discussions here (including this one) have absolutely nothing to do with the original subject of the thread.

Capt, quit stirring the pot and go fly something for a change.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Truckracer

ORIGINAL: Waco

Speaking for myself only, I'm only upset at the obvious blatant example of extreme thread drift. Most discussions here (including this one) have absolutely nothing to do with the original subject of the thread.

Capt, quit stirring the pot and go fly something for a change.
Truckracer...maybe you better get off the pot....before your family and Grand children are working for slave labor too. Thats it from me. Capt,n
Old 06-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

" Speaking for myself only, I'm only upset at the obvious blatant example of extreme thread drift. " - Truckracer

Hey Guys, we all got to keep this wonderful thread going for Truckracers sake. Don't stop now !

The poor guy is upset. []
Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: Ed

'' Speaking for myself only, I'm only upset at the obvious blatant example of extreme thread drift. '' - Truckracer

Hey Guys, we all got to keep this wonderful thread going for Truckracers sake. Don't stop now !

The poor guy is upset. []
Not that upset really ...... poor choice of words on my part!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:34 AM
the pope

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Too much china made items....hey I would rather have less items in my house and I am sure I will feel better knowing at least I am trying somewhat to bring back goods made here in the USA . I am sure there is a lot of people out there that buy cheap...just so they can have more RC airplanes to fly. Hey...just cut back if you can on items from china....we sure got enough everywhere. Seems like lot of the big stores are actually your china product outlet stores....like everywhere ! [img][/img]
Howdy capt , so you dont like china made engines so your spending your $ on the Italian ones instead .How is that keeping your $ in the US of A ?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

the DA fan club should start there own best made American engine,lets see how many companys that might include.
also how many DA50's do you think are being sold rite now.the 50's are a thing of the past with all the stronger running 55's and 60's on the market.
but as long as a DA50 can turn a 24-10 prop at 8500,that may save the engine from going by by.
there was some good American made engines, Taurus,Brison, there were a few more but those two come to mind.but they could not compete with the cheaper,stronger running china engines.it's sad but it's a fact of life,you have to be mean and lean now days to make it in any business.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 AM
captinjohn

Well Mr Pope...I bought the Mintor from a USA dealer that gives a 3 year warrenty and that is at least helping people in the USA. I had quick service and I wanted at least one. Many people buy cheaper engines from china...just to save $$ to buy a fleet of them. I did buy a H.Davison Motorcycle, a RV, a Big Lake fishing boat and several items I know was made here in the USA. Most all the products I buy , I can get parts for right here in the USA. Also I plan to get rid of a lot of RC related items....but not the USA made anything. Any one feel free to do what you want to do as far as buying china made items. I for myself vow to cut back on that cheap made stuff as much as possible.

Did anyone at least view that video that I posted a link too??? If not... ya better watch that at least one day a week...till it sinks in. Now that is enough from me....but I will time from time read this forum thread. Capt,n
Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I think that DLE 55cc has the better engine at this time. Mainly because you can get parts for the engines and they have some warranty support too. Other engines might be good too, but usually no parts and no warranty support. So usually you want to buy two engines so you can have one to use for parts. From what I have seen so far a number of people are running really low oil ratios in their engines and that may be a contributing factor in the bearing failures talked about. But I sure wish they would sell carb rebuild kits for the carbs though. it is a hassle trying to find substitutes that work.

As for American engines we do have Fox manufacturing, DA and SYSSA though. Plus someone else I forgot about at the moment.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Take China out of the US hobby shop and see what you have left.

Remember we used to have this conversation about goods from Japan. Hmmmm.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: w8ye

There's DLE guys at the field that have had them since they came out but If you take notice, they've only flown any one DLE a half dozen times in a whole season. They've never had any trouble.
Perfect example, if you don't hammer the same plane day after day a dle will last years, that is all I buy now, as I rotate planes and fly warbirds (no 3d) my engines will last way more than any dle or da warranty.
I don't give them a hard time and run 30-1 synthetic.
If you consider how you drive a car in a bult up city to how you drive on the highway, you'll understand the pressures on a car, it's the same on a model, it depends on how you fly.
DLE is still the best Chinese engine

going off topic, DA do have issues as well, but a far, far,far better engine would be the 3W, 10 times better than a DA.
And contrary to the popular belief a lot of da parts are made overseas and the engine assembled in the USA, but with much much better qc
Ok I'm outta here before the da fanatics attack me
Old 06-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Wild Child
My Feedback: (7)

NOW dont get upset You can still get your cookies before bed! Im just trying to help you and save you guys money. All Im saying is when I call DA I talk to an american. Yes it may cost a little more than a dle but in the long run its a lot cheaper. I (had) a dle before and I will not make that mistake again. If I would have gone with a DA to start with I would be money ahead. I just don't understand why people spend good money in their airplanes and setting them up and then go put a cheap engine on it. Like I said DA all the way!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 AM
llindsey1965

what this is all about is keeping our money in the USA and away from China , damn cant you realize that all the china junk is destroying our economy it is not about Da or DLE it is about keeping jobs in america for us and the hell with the slave labor overseas , we are going to keep on and there will be nothing for us to build everything will come from overseas and then we will have no good jobs to afford this DAMN WAKE UP!!!!! all we think about is cheap cheap would you work for what the china people do ? i wouldnt i make 38 per hr over there their same craft makes 25 per week is that what you want to happen to us??
Old 06-19-2012, 05:59 AM
captinjohn

Stick with" llindsey 1965".....He has the right Idea. I sure hope more will get the same Idea. Capt,n

Old 06-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talk about being hypocritical, you condemn buying chinsese engines because jobs going over seas and than you put that so called US engine in a china made airframe. If you refuse to buy anything not made in US than how do justify buying that airframe thats not made in the US? by the way like it is said before DA are only assembled in the US most if not all the parts come from outside the US.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Truckracer

what this is all about is keeping our money in the USA and away from China , damn cant you realize that all the china junk is destroying our economy it is not about Da or DLE it is about keeping jobs in america for us and the hell with the slave labor overseas , we are going to keep on and there will be nothing for us to build everything will come from overseas and then we will have no good jobs to afford this DAMN WAKE UP!!!!! all we think about is cheap cheap would you work for what the china people do ? i wouldnt i make 38 per hr over there their same craft makes 25 per week is that what you want to happen to us??
Well llindsey1965. we'll be missing you as you won't be flying RC anymore without the products produced in the Pacific Rim countries.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: bgw45

Take China out of the US hobby shop and see what you have left.

Remember we used to have this conversation about goods from Japan. Hmmmm.
Take China at least 50% or more out of the US Hobby, or you will end up worse off. You got to cut back...start putting a effort into buying more wise. Sure you will not have as many items...but why have so much in the first place? I see guys with so much RC items its crazy. Learn to enjoy less but better made products. MORE MORE MORE MORE is not the answer. Period. You end up dying with a buch of junk.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Well Mr Pope...I bought the Mintor from a USA dealer that gives a 3 year warrenty and that is at least helping people in the USA. I had quick service and I wanted at least one. Many people buy cheaper engines from china...just to save $$ to buy a fleet of them. I did buy a H.Davison Motorcycle, a RV, a Big Lake fishing boat and several items I know was made here in the USA. Most all the products I buy , I can get parts for right here in the USA. Also I plan to get rid of a lot of RC related items....but not the USA made anything. Any one feel free to do what you want to do as far as buying china made items. I for myself vow to cut back on that cheap made stuff as much as possible.

Did anyone at least view that video that I posted a link too??? If not... ya better watch that at least one day a week...till it sinks in. Now that is enough from me....but I will time from time read this forum thread. Capt,n
By your logic then, China (GM) Motors is fine, because the profits they make are helping Americans! By the same logic as well, shopping at Walmart/Target/Kmart et al is fine, because the profits go to Americans.

I also bought my DLE from a USA authorized dealer, Valley View, and have been very happy with their support, for the crash related repairs I did need.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:17 AM
llindsey1965

whoa whoa all my planes are built by nir schwitzer in va , they all have DA engines my cheapest airframe alone is 3000 , and they are nor ARFs scratch built by nir who is a american and my money stays in this economy so get your facts right before you attack, so dont get on your so called high horse cause you are flying china junk , !!!!!!and with you guys attitudes we will never get products made in USA , as far as DA they are designed milled and assembled in AZ , the ignitions come from australlia you guys need to get your facts right , !!!! but you think cheap you work cheap and you are cheap so keep on buying china junk and flushing USA down the toilets one day you will see!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:24 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

That number (95%) may be a little low, especially in the upper classes. When you fly contests the last thing you need is engine trouble. You can/will spend $300-400 for a trip to an out of town contest between gas, hotels and meals. Saving a few hundred on your engine is penny wise and pound foolish.

For the thread complainers about staying on topic:The OP's question was asked and answered. Much like any conversation, the original topic discussion will expand to others. Put on your big girl panties or just ignore the thread.

Chinese engines are fine for those who prefer them. They have also made it possible for many to get in to gassers that may not have been able to previously due to lack of funds. The cheaper Chinese engines, quality aside, have given birth to a larger, more varied selection of smaller airframes suited for gassers.

That is a good thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.