Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BEST 50cc CHINA ENGINE RIGHT NOW??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: BEST 50cc CHINA ENGINE RIGHT NOW??

ORIGINAL: llindsey1965

whoa whoa all my planes are built by nir schwitzer in va , they all have DA engines my cheapest airframe alone is 3000 , and they are nor ARFs scratch built by nir who is a american and my money stays in this economy so get your facts right before you attack, so dont get on your so called high horse cause you are flying china junk , !!!!!!and with you guys attitudes we will never get products made in USA , as far as DA they are designed milled and assembled in AZ , the ignitions come from australlia you guys need to get your facts right , !!!! but you think cheap you work cheap and you are cheap so keep on buying china junk and flushing USA down the toilets one day you will see!!!!!!!
And which American company did your radio come from?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:32 AM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look china engines are bad for America period , our economy is sagging due to outside sourcing , we need to bring all those jobs back home , that is what i am upset about , and yes you go to a contest you will easily spend 400 we went to a event last year in texas spent 400 on gas alone 275 on hotel and 150 on food , we just need to get these jobs back in the usa all of them the car industry and all , that is all i am saying !!!!! so what if it cost a more money you just buy less with more quality and aviability that is all. i remember when we had a sign in our local wall dont think about parking your foriegn made auto here , those were the good ole days , now you have toyota and nissan in nascar i dont watch it anymore , got illegals trying to take over construction jobs and work for nothing we need to wake up or their will be no america to save!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Truckracer

This was published here on RCU a couple of years back. I don't know how current it still is.

Here is a post from Dave Johnson that was made on another site the last time this discussion came up.

Hello
There seems to be some misconceptions about our part manufacturing and sourcing. I'll try to shed a little light for those who are curious.
We use multiple sources on nearly all parts to limit dependency on any one supplier. We focus on U.S. sources, but have sourced parts from around the world. Some have been great, others ended up as scrap when they arrived here. Quality is key, regardless of source location.
It is a competitive business. While some people have an idea where we have had parts made, they are not aware of where all those parts went, how many were used, and for what final purpose. We prefer to leave it that way.
Currently, 19 people in the USA are employed making DA parts and engines. Many others are employed by companies in the USA that make parts for us.
While there seems to be a world wide exodus to China for cheap manufacturing costs and low cost products, we are are not as thrilled about it and it's long term effects as some. While we are happy to be a part of the world market, and believe in a world market, we will continue to make as much of our engine production as possible here at home for a variety of reasons.
No offense or hard feelings to those who partake in the bargin pricing from overseas. Yes, I too have bought my share of low cost overseas goods.

DA component production locations:

Shaft extensions: PhoenixAZ, SeattleWA.
Prop hubs: TucsonAZ, PhoenixAZ, SeattleWA.
Crank shafts: Phoenix AZ, Seattle WA, Taiwan, TucsonAZ,
Rod Pins: PhoenixAZ, Tucson, AZ, Taiwan,SeattleWA, Japan
Connecting rods: TucsonAZ, Taiwan, PhoenixAZ, SeattleWA
Bearings: USA, Germany, Japan, Korea
“C†clips: Taiwan, USA, Italy
Pistons: California, PhoenixAZ, Ohio, Italy, Taiwan
Piston rings: Ohio, Taiwan, California, Italy
Cylinders: Ohio, Taiwan, Wisconsin, PhoenixAZ, California
Spark plugs: Japan
Carbs: Japan, Mexico, USA
Ignitions: Brisbane, Australia
Screws: USA
Standoffs and motor mounts: Tucson, AZ, PhoenixAZ, SeattleWA
Crankcases: TucsonAZ, SeattleWA, PhoenixAZ
Mufflers: SeattleWA, Phoenix AZ, N. Carolina
Carb mounts: TucsonAZ, SeattleWA, DetroitMI
Reed valves: TucsonAZ, DetroitMI, Italy
Reed petals: TucsonAZ, California, Italy
Gaskets: TucsonAZ, PhoenixAZ, L.A.California
Design: TucsonAZ
R&D: TucsonAZ
Service: TucsonAZ
Assembly: TucsonAZ
Tech support: TucsonAZ

Dave Johnson
Email: [email protected]
Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 AM
llindsey1965

you know there are no more american made radios , but i have a futaba 9c which came from japan not china , hitech servos from japan , look im just trying to bring attention to the facts that this is why there no rc parts hsrdly made in the USA , i use to have a Kraft radio that was made in USA , if you are right about the DA it is still over 95% made in USA and mt money still stays here , i bought a arf a few years ago from china the quality of workmanship sucked , it was horrible , that is why i pay to have my planes built in america by americans all i am saying is buy american and bring back our jobs to this great country. All china equipment is junk go to walmart look at the shelves full of the junk
Old 06-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with some is they are only looking at the picture from their point of view only, those that have money to spend go ahead and buy those high priced american made products, but just remember not every one is so blessed to have your kind of money to spend. I am retired and live on fixed income that just barely pays the bills every month, most of what I have in this hobby I bought when I was working and now that I am retired I have watch what I spend and if that means buying china made products in order enjoy this hobby so be it, I do what I have to do.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Truckracer

you know there are no more american made radios , but i have a futaba 9c which came from japan not china , hitech servos from japan , look im just trying to bring attention to the facts that this is why there no rc parts hsrdly made in the USA , i use to have a Kraft radio that was made in USA , if you are right about the DA it is still over 95% made in USA and mt money still stays here , i bought a arf a few years ago from china the quality of workmanship sucked , it was horrible , that is why i pay to have my planes built in america by americans all i am saying is buy american and bring back our jobs to this great country. All china equipment is junk go to walmart look at the shelves full of the junk
I certainly agree that buying "American" is the right thing to do but many times we simply no longer have a choice. We're not going to resolve the problem here so thats all I have to say about that. I will add that I am proud to say that most of my planes, helis and engines are American products.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 AM
llindsey1965

i know it just upsets me , i love this hobby and want it to contuine but you are right sometimes we have no choice in the matter that is what i want to change and bring back rc products to america !!!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 AM
llindsey1965

wacyo i understand i really do , you enjoy this hobby you deserve it have fun and burn a ton of holes in the sky godspeed
Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Truckracer

i know it just upsets me , i love this hobby and want it to contuine but you are right sometimes we have no choice in the matter that is what i want to change and bring back rc products to america !!!
Then direct your frustration at the politicians, the regulators and many local officials .... and even your fellow "Americans"! Until the word "Factory" is no longer a dirty word in America, the problem will only continue to get worse.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Back in the late 50's I was flying McCoys instead of Fox or K&B because the MyCoys were half the price.

All these were made in the USA but McCoy was half the price and lasted half as long. By running McCoys I could be in the air more as a kid.

You could ruin a MCCoy in one flight if you let it go lean on you. The Fox engines were very forgiving.

I took care of my McCoy's and always set them just on the four stroking side of the 3-4 break. I never had one to wear out.

I saw a lot of worthless McCoys that people had run lean though.

In the late 60's and 70's I started running all the top dollar engines.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 AM
llindsey1965

it doesnt do any good the poloticians wont listen cause they have their hands in the cookie jar , it is crazy they work for us but sell us out
Old 06-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Truckracer

it doesnt do any good the poloticians wont listen cause they have their hands in the cookie jar , it is crazy they work for us but sell us out
Ya know, when you have to look at a bag of dog or cat food to see where it was produced, things have gone too far!

My friend is an engineer for a very high level electronics company that produces equipment for the department of defense (company name not importrant for this discussion). The defense department doesn't allow any single sourcing of components for this equipment and guess what .... often times the second source is ..... you guessed it ..... China!
I'm sorry, but that is just wrong any way you consider it!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Truckracer

Industry will not change until the regulators / politicians create an atmosphere that is manufacturing friendly.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:47 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I looked all of my Futaba stuff was made inTaiwan. So since Taiwan is so close to China, I suspect a lot of it is made inChina too, then assembled in Taiwan.

A few years ago, I really tried to find a hand power drill that was made in the USA. It was not to be, they all are made inChina now too.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Back in the late 50's I was flying McCoys instead of Fox or K&B because the MyCoys were half the price.

All these were made in the USA but McCoy was half the price and lasted half as long. By running McCoys I could be in the air more as a kid.

You could ruin a MCCoy in one flight if you let it go lean on you. The Fox engines were very forgiving.

I took care of my McCoy's and always set them just on the four stroking side of the 3-4 break. I never had one to wear out.

I saw a lot of worthless McCoys that people had run lean though.

In the late 60's and 70's I started running all the top dollar engines.
I went that cheap McCoy route also. Bought them at the corner drug store along with all my modeling supplies ... wood, dope, etc. That was in the early 60's for me. Started buying quality engines in the 70's after I was out of school and working full time.

Even then some of the best engines were OS, ST and Enya!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+1
Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
raptureboy

Wow! 5 pages of drivel in 4 days over cheap Chinese engines. Must be a slow day in Hooterville. Almost everything you buy today is made in or has some parts from China, Mexico,Taiwan; pick a country. In the 60's we used to complain about the Japanese making cheap stuff. Now even they produce their items in China or Taiwan or Korea. Get used to it or get over it. We the people demanded more for less and we got it. Now what was the original question? Oh yeh, what is the best Chinese engine. These threads are like a bunch of ADHD kids who forgot to take their meds, always wayyyy off task.3 -DLE 20's and loving every minute of it.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Truckracer

Yup, Raptureboy pegged this thread pretty well!! I even gave up trying to keep it even close to on track.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gad I love this numbnutz thread. Please keep me suscribed !
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: Ed

Well at least it isn't an oil thread or a gas thread! Oh my gawd, did I just mention that ..... here we go ...... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Little pigs are my heros!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ed

LOL it's amazing how a miniscule segment of the economy (RC sales) can bring up such heated discussion on everything wrong with our country....
Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All china equipment is junk go to walmart look at the shelves full of the junk
Hmmmm!! I'm not sure you meant that all APPLE computers, I-PODS, I-PADS, I-PHONES are junk too...

The problem with junk products from anywhere not just China, is management of execution of design parameters. If the American designers don't control and manage execution of the builds properly, you're gonna wind up with junk.

On the other hand, specific to this hobby, look at the planes sold by Extreme Flight.....well executed in China because Hinson cares what product his company brings to this market
Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Truckracer

I work extensively with telecom and network equipment produced by several old line companies. Most of this equipment and the various circuit boards are now assembled in China. Compared side by side with equipment produced a few years back, I can see no cosmetic differences and there are no differences in performance. The various components are still from around the world and the point of final assembly probably doesn't make much difference if the quality control is maintained. Not junk equipment at all by most standards.

Most TVs are now made in China as are most of the consumer electronics devices. Are these all junk too? The list goes on and on ....

Clearly all things produced in China are not junk.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
earlwb

Maybe you should setup a poll of all the more or less known Chinese engine brands. Then see what people click on to tabulate the results.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: earlwb

Maybe you should setup a poll of all the more or less known Chinese engine brands. Then see what people click on to tabulate the results.

I really don't care enough to do that. Heck, if it wasn't a boring day at work, I wouldn't be on here now!

There's plenty of info out there in the various forums to know what works and what doesn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.