Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

My guess would be that you know how to tune and properly run your engines
. I salute you. I have run and built engines most of my life and have run engines in some rather extreme circumstances. Longevity alone shows that you know reasonable proper usage. It is really simple, isn't it? [8D]
That quote might be the most educated statement in this whole thread. Properly tuned engines and using the manufaturers recomended oil/gas ratio is important.
Using 100:1 oil at 32:1 is a huge leap. The oil was developed to run a the ratios it calls for not what you want to mix it at.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15fOvQJs7-4&feature=plcp[/youtube]

I'm not selling anything... just another input to the endless oil wars.

This is my CRRC Pro 26. Contrary to what others have said, I love my Amsoil AND my CRRC Pro. The pictures are of my engine after about 10 hours run time and the video is how I fly it. It may fail on the next takeoff but I see nothing to suggest it should. It first flew in Oct 2007.

This thread got me to wondering if my Pro 26 looked as good on the inside as it seemed to run on the outside. I took my allen wrench and a camera into the other room and took the attached pictures. This engine has never been run on anything other than Amsoil. It has never been appart before these pictures. It was broken in on Amsoil 100:1. The more it runs, the stronger it gets.

Since I don't really measure my premix that accurately, I tend to error on the side of caution. If pressed, I would have to admit I probably mix at something closer to 85:1. I run the same fuel in several leaf blowers, chain saws, trimmers etc.

I'm posting this so that you can be the judge. Again, I'm not selling anything... just another opinion.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18219.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1781120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95860.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1781121  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:23 AM
jloftin

Hi Bill here is how you make that engine run even better and get rid of even more of that carbon and gumming on those rings

AMSOIL QUICKSHOT : it is a Fuel additive that help get rid of the gum varnish and carbon as well as water build up that is caused by the alcohol in gas today as well as the sludge in the gas when you get it from the pumps !!!!!!!!! This will make that piston a lot cleaner and get rid of the carbon as well the gold color is from gumming sludge and water as well as the carbon gum build up on the rings

Thank you jay Loftin if you have any questions e-mail me

[email protected]

Name:	Xv64634.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1781124  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
jloftin

no what i said is i run my motors 100:1 but if you want to run your with one pack two pack or three pack that is up to you

i do not do that i use 100:1 and have no problems
Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
jloftin

yes e-mail me and i can get you to there web page where you can get the oil at whole sell price [email protected]
Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 AM
jloftin

Red line is a very outstanding oil also
Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
jloftin

Sorry about your engine problems red as for me i have been using the amsoil product for ten years now never had a problem and also send my engines in ever two years to serviced and have never had to replace any internal engine parts factory's call ????????

Thank You Jay
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
jloftin

I am really ok with my spelling sorry it up set you

Thank You Jay Loftin

Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Ed

Not to mention, lack of punctuation ? ? ? [] WOW !
Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
thepamster

Come on Mods> This is turning into a Infomercial for Amsoil. I guess I will exercise my choice to not read this thread.
Starting.....Now.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
jloftin

THATIS100000000000000000000000000000 PERCENTTRUE GREATANSWER CALLTHEENGINEBUILDERSGETTHEWRIGHTTUNING INFORMATION RUNTHEWRIGHTPROPS
USEGOODOIL USEGOODFUELADDITIVE MAKESURETHECOOLINGOFTHEENGINEISPROPERINTHECOWL
CHECKYOURENGINETEMPS ANDSERVICEYOURENGINESAT LEAST EVERYTHREEYEARS FROMTHEBUILDER CHECKPLUGGAP

PERFECTANSWERTHANKYOUJAYLOFTIN
Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
jloftin

THANKYOU
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
jloftin

Sorry Pamster I really just would like to educate people on the AMSOILproduct There are a lot of reasons that people have problems with there engines But it seams funny to me that people still come up to me and ask me if i can tune there engines at the field during fly-ins??????? HELPITDOESN'T RUNWRIGHT Its not the oil its the operator ANDYESATFIRSTIHADMYENGINE PROBLEMS????? Always find someone who has been flying gas engines for along time they can usually help MMMMMMMmmmmm m Maybeeee CALLTHEENGINEBUILDER

ASFORTHEFORUM yes i use AMSOIL i fly for amsoil and i would tell any one to use the product i stand behind it and i hope this information can help others to understand proper oil mixing and engine tuning

Thank You Jay Loftin
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
jloftin

THANXXXXYALLLLL Jay Loftin Grew up in tha country but can fly all day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:	Fd92235.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1781159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93831.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1781160  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
wjvail

Hi Bill here is how you make that engine run even better and get rid of even more of that carbon and gumming on those rings

AMSOIL QUICK SHOT : it is a Fuel additive that help get rid of the gum varnish and carbon as well as water build up that is caused by the alcohol in gas today as well as the sludge in the gas when you get it from the pumps !!!!!!!!! This will make that piston a lot cleaner and get rid of the carbon as well the gold color is from gumming sludge and water as well as the carbon gum build up on the rings
Thank you for the tip. I will see if I can find a source.

I should mention that the "gum varnish and carbon" you see in the included pictures I consider the cost of doing business in a premix 2 cycle engine. Every 2C engine I've seen torn down has it. From large marine outboards to small model engines, you'll always see some build up. My experience is that it builds to a point fairly quickly but then never gets any worse. In the instance of the engine pictured, the ring is very free and moves freely in it's grove. I will look at it again in another 10 -20 hours to check but I'm pretty sure I know what I'll find. Contrary to what other have found, the deposits in my Amsoil engines are very soft and come off quite easily... if you think they need to be removed.

Attached is another picture of the same engine. I consider this to be an excessive amount of "goo" on a piston but I also consider it "healthy" goo. This engine has been slow to break in and never had good compression cold. It is not a good "hand starter" but performs flawlessly with the help of the "persuader" (Dynatron). I interpret all this to say the ring is not well seated and the look of the piston seem to confirm this. Even so, even with some blow-by, this engine runs well and shows no signs of premature failure. It just need more (hard) running. This is not a criticism of Amsoil. Quite the opposite. It suggest that even with a less than perfect fit of piston, sleeve, and ring, all is well.

Also, look in the case. It's clean, bright, and shinny.

Lastly, I only run gas with no alcohol. What you see in the pictures is the results of running alcohol free, clean, 93 octane pump gas. Because I run the same premix in many different engines, my fuel turns over fairly quickly and doesn't sit in my shop for more than a few months. Even so, I also add fuel stabilizer in the odd chance the fuel gets left in one of my toys for a longer period of time.

Name:	Us55233.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1781219  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM
DougB1
My Feedback: (11)

How can I find a station that has alcohol free gas or should I say what company offers it. Next question, is there any benefit using 93 vs 87 in an r/c aircraft motor ? I had heard that the 93 burns slower and would not be worth the extra cost running it in an r/c motor. Just looking for answers and learning.
Thanks
DougB1
Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
jloftin

Ok here is the answer to the AMSOIL QUICK SHOT

QUICKSHOT QUICKSHOT is formulated to thoroughly clean varnish gums and insoluble debris in two stroke gasoline engines it also restores peak performance Effectively addressing performance issues related to ethanol water and dirty pump gas yes even high octane now ?

what happens with the ethanol is that the water mixture fall to the bottom of the fuel tanks and containers leading to a lean burn condition
QUICKSHOT helps keep water molecules dispersed to prevent phase separation. all this together will cause carbon build up on top of piston resulting in pre-ignition ,rough idling and poor throttle response ,varnish gum which will clog the carburetors DOESITALLSOUNDLIKEIT HAS COME TOGETHER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IUSEQUICKSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ITS FORREALNOONEHASAPRODUCTLIKETHISFOR 2-STROKEMOTORS

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USETHIS ITWILLMAKEYOURMOTORRUNBETTERCOOLERCLEANERANDKEEPTH EPARTSINPEAKOPERATINGCONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANXBILLJAYLOFTIN [email protected]

Name:	Fd91874.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1781237  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
wjvail

In order:
How can I find a station that has alcohol free gas or should I say what company offers it?
Google: "gas stations in meridian ms without alcohol" End up here: http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MS I use the station on hwy 39. It's a Shell station but the decision to include ethyl alcohol is up to each station... or so I'm told. Most stations that don't have alcohol usually have a sign out on the street.

Next question, is there any benefit using 93 vs 87 in an r/c aircraft motor ? I had heard that the 93 burns slower and would not be worth the extra cost running it in an r/c motor.
Good question. The answer is that it often is not beneficial. In fact it might lead to slower burning and could lead to less power and more carbon. Only higher compression engine need higher octane. My decision to run 93 octane comes from the simple fact that I run my premix in many different engines some of which do have higher compression and do specify premium fuel. I justify the higher cost of 93, even in engines that could run 87 fuel, with the thought that I don't really run that much in my 2C engines and by using a single fuel, I turn over that fuel quicker. If I had a jug of 87 and a jug of 93 premix, each would get used 1/2 as fast.

Bill
Old 07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
jloftin

Hi Doug no there is no advantage to burring a higher octane this answer comes from most all of the motor manufactures you would think it would white gas like people run in boat motor? There has been a lot of study on this it doesn't make any difference ? that comes from scientist not me
Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
wjvail

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USE THIS IT WILL MAKE YOUR MOTOR RUN BETTER COOLER CLEANER AND KEEP THE PARTS IN PEAK OPERATING CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://ww2.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...t/?GroupID=952

ABOUT $143.00 A GALLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN SEE WHY ALL THE SHOUTING AND EXCIMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
jloftin

just want good results for you !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:32 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: matt43
Funny it would be nice for people to know what they are talkin about before they type.... Heck a P-47 is air cooled!
WRONG! The P-47 had a radiator the size of a barn door right behind the prop.

Rrragmanliam
Old 07-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Ed

No ! You are wrong ! The P-47 had a Pratt & Whitney Wasp 18 cylinder air cooled engine. Any radiator that you saw was used for oil cooling. Why can't people be more careful of what they say, and stop misleading people ? [>:] Like that Loftin Amsoil salesman .
Old 07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
wjvail

Next question, is there any benefit using 93 vs 87 in an r/c aircraft motor ? I had heard that the 93 burns slower and would not be worth the extra cost running it in an r/c motor.
Same question answered again.... Some engine specify higher octane. CRRC Pro is one that typically does. See below PDF page 3. There is more opportunity for damage running low octane fuel in an engine that specifies high octane than the other way around. Engines tuned to run on low octane fuel don't run better on high octane fuel but they are not damaged by doing so either.

Page 3 -> http://ak-models.com/ARF%20Manuals/GF50IManual.pdf
Page 14 -> http://m.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMS..._86_Manual.pdf

Bill
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 PM
wjvail

just want good results for you !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. What is dealer cost on Quick Shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.