Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

All the old posts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:25 PM
MKnutson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All the old posts?

Did all the old posts get deleted or what?

Mark.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by MKnutson

Mark.
There appear to be several old Forums with their old posts lost in transit...If they are all archived, it should be straight forward to retrieve....It looks like RCU messed up pretty good on that front.

Jury is still out on the new format; we are having to figure out how to navigate the new on our own. Not a big deal for those with some computereze, but for some, I imagine it's a mind blwoer
Old 08-08-2013, 04:02 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi guys,

In the future, please post issues on the bug reporting thread here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...m-here-12.html

As to the old posts, we're not showing anything missing. Same number of posts in the old forum as there are here. If you have a link to a forum that appears to be missing posts, please let me know.

And there is the FAQ, linked right at the top of the forum, that has major pointers on navigating the new layout; and members can always ask a question of any mod or admin, or post it in the Support forum.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

How does one "subscribe" to a thread? I don't see anything like that on the new system.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:49 AM
dogshome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There appears to be two "Gas Engine" forums. The one under 3D seems to have all the old posts in it.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:29 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by Lifer
How does one "subscribe" to a thread? I don't see anything like that on the new system.
Click on "Thread Tools" on header above the first post in a thread. A drop-down menu will appear and "Subscribe" is the last selection. Click on "Subscribe"
Old 08-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dogshome
There appears to be two "Gas Engine" forums. The one under 3D seems to have all the old posts in it.
Originally Posted by MKnutson

Mark.
Originally Posted by MTK
There appear to be several old Forums with their old posts lost in transit...If they are all archived, it should be straight forward to retrieve....It looks like RCU messed up pretty good on that front.

Jury is still out on the new format; we are having to figure out how to navigate the new on our own. Not a big deal for those with some computereze, but for some, I imagine it's a mind blwoer

On the legacy forum, we had several 'jump-links' that would send you from the forum you're in to another forum. It makes it easier for one to get to another area of interest based on the forum they are currently browsing; Going from Giant Scale Airplanes to Gas Engines for example.

During the migration, many of the jump-links defaulted to forums creating some confusion. However, all the posts that were submitted to one are now in the correct forum and it's been once again positioned as a jump-link to make your navigation of the site easier.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Click on "Thread Tools" on header above the first post in a thread. A drop-down menu will appear and "Subscribe" is the last selection. Click on "Subscribe"
I have done that, (tryingto unsubscribe in my case), except the menu popping up is hidden behind the main screen. Can't seem to move the pop-up menu to make it visible and can't see the menu items....what's the good??

Having said that piece of criticism, I also have one positive: I really appreciate the summarized links to posts on top of a thread. You have easy access to all pages simultaneously. A good feature!! We are all learning to navigate the new set-up and I think, for me anyway, it is better than the old....

NOW, another small criticism regarding LOGIN-LOGOUT. When first logging into the website, I am automatically logged in with full edit-post capability. Until I go to an actual thread where I am logged out automatically. Have to do some footwork to get logged in again so I can post. Can we just get logged in when accessing the site and stay logged in when accessing threads??
Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MTK
I have done that, (tryingto unsubscribe in my case), except the menu popping up is hidden behind the main screen. Can't seem to move the pop-up menu to make it visible and can't see the menu items....what's the good??

NOW, another small criticism regarding LOGIN-LOGOUT. When first logging into the website, I am automatically logged in with full edit-post capability. Until I go to an actual thread where I am logged out automatically. Have to do some footwork to get logged in again so I can post. Can we just get logged in when accessing the site and stay logged in when accessing threads??
What do you mean by the Main Screen? Can you post a screen shot?

As to login, please be sure you are logged out entirely -- you should be logged out on the forums AND the home page. When you log back in, you should be ok. Be sure your browser accepts cookies and you have no interfering plugins enabled, like adblock.