Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capt. John

Well Capt. John now what do we get !!!!! R/L
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by captinjohn
China,s economy did grow, but the news says it is going to decline in 2014.
I think to be correct, one would have to say the Chinese economy grew in 2013 but not as much as expected. The downward trend will probably continue in 2014 at about the same rate as 2013. The impression one gets is highly influenced by how the news prefers to spin and represent the story. China is not alone in this trend.

Of course this has little to do with DLE engines as the company continues to grow at a very rapid rate. They currently produce a wide range of engine sizes with increasing quality. When the early DL50's appeared on the scene, it was certainly interesting reading how bad some of the early examples were. Many owners seemed to get quite good service out of them though.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
He should probably stick with PNP electrics.
Electrics are probably worse than the internal combustion engines, there have been numerous motor failures, bad ESC's bad LiPo's, bad chargers with the accompanying LiPo fire issues. Thus it goes on and on.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM
parrishairx
My Feedback: (77)

Ckeck on ebay motors--parts..found heli-coil kit from England about $25 shipped with all tools and drill and 6-8 coils...all sizes...
Old 01-28-2014, 08:37 AM
houmax503
My Feedback: (4)

Goes back to the old saying - "there are more motors with people problems than people with motor problems"
Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe rubber band powered aircraft....no stripped plugs!!!!! HA!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 AM
captinjohn

Well I can sure tell you what not to get. It starts with the letter M.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:36 AM
jmpups
My Feedback: (1)

It's just a matter of time till this country realizes that everything coming out of China is all junk. Stop thinking that you are getting a bargain with the low prices and realize that you get what you pay for. Thanks Zenoah . JMPUPS
Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Truckracer

Originally Posted by jmpups
It's just a matter of time till this country realizes that everything coming out of China is all junk. Stop thinking that you are getting a bargain with the low prices and realize that you get what you pay for. Thanks Zenoah . JMPUPS
My phone is junk, my TVs are junk, several of my computers are junk, etc. But guess what, I didn't have a choice to buy otherwise. Yes, these were all produced in China and were all from major name brands and mostly American. Hmmmm........ what about the many things that are now single sourced only from China?? Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with all of this and would much prefer to buy American. But until industry comes back to this country in a huge way our choices for country of origin are very limited. Some of the China haters need to get their heads out of their you know what and face facts .... we don't have a choice to buy otherwise in many cases.

Visiting with my nephew who is an engineer for a huge aerospace electronics company told me they have had do major redesigns to their new equipment lines as many components are now single source, China produced parts. They have a rule that no component can be single sourced so they have no alternative but to design around those components.

There is a positive side to the story though. While completing a home remodel project last year, I noted that all, yes ALL of the plumbing supplies I purchased were labeled "Made in USA"! I purchased American appliances and my last car that has a foreign brand name had a 80% USA parts content on the window sticker and was of course assembled here in this country. My last American truck was only 68% American and it was assembled in Canada ..... though the plant there is now closed. I'm seeing more and more examples of the above.

As for the Zenoah lovers, and yes they are an excellent long lived engine, have you looked to see where there are produced now?

Last edited by Truckracer; 01-28-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

My next step in RC is likely a 50cc gasser. You can PM me if you are really thinking about being done with DLE engines and are considering selling the DL50.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Truckracer

I was so glad I didn't buy one of those "M" engines! I have to admit I was tempted. I was saved when the USA distributor could never supply a drawing of the strange shaped muffler. So ... no drawing, no engine purchase. Wheeeeeeeeeeeewww, dodged that bullet!

Last edited by Truckracer; 01-28-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about to offer the OP a "good" deal until you blew it. I was going to offer him a swap of my Mintor 38 with his DLE30.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 AM
hsukaria

I don't mind if my car is partly built in Canada or even Mexico. What is good for our neighbors is good for us. Regarding home remodeling products, I feel aweful for those who bought houses with drywall from China.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hsukaria
I don't mind if my car is partly built in Canada or even Mexico. What is good for our neighbors is good for us. Regarding home remodeling products, I feel aweful for those who bought houses with drywall from China.
The Canadian Auto Workers have a stronger presense than the UAW. they split withn the UAW because the UAW was rolling over too much for their liking. Canada is not a threat to US jobs or living standards.

As far as Mexico? GM does not build employee parking lots at their mexican plants because none of the employees can afford cars.

NAFTA has actually driven down wages in the mexican plants near the border. I lost my GM job to Mexico.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 01-28-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM
captinjohn

Buy from China if you want. This is why I am trying not too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
Old 01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
The Canadian Auto Workers have a stronger presense than the UAW. they split withn the UAW because the UAW was rolling over too much for their liking. Canada is not a threat to US jobs or living standards.

As far as Mexico? GM does not build employee parking lots at their mexican plants because none of the employees can afford cars.

NAFTA has actually driven down wages in the mexican plants near the border. I lost my GM job to Mexico.
Sorry about that. I meant it as a help to the poor workers accross the border so that they would not feel compelled to jump the border illegally. I read somewhere that the wages of Mexican factory workers dropped to the same levels as China's due to free trade competition. That was about $1.5/hr. What can you afford with that?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetdesign
My next step in RC is likely a 50cc gasser. You can PM me if you are really thinking about being done with DLE engines and are considering selling the DL50.
I have a DL 50 I have been running for years. I love that engine, no problems. All I run are DL, DLE and Zenoahs. Other than my 30, I have had no trouble. Sorry, but I am going to buy what I want from where ever. Trying to sort out all of the politics and crap in this makes my head hurt. If It is a good product, I do not care where it comes from. If U.S. government policy has made it so U.S. businesses cannot be competitive with the rest of the world, then vote accordingly. If the labor Unions would have a more realistic approach, and be willing to compromise, then maybe they would still have jobs to go to as well. Disney land is hard to maintain, when the bottom line does not support it. Oh, and by the way, My company is hiring. Good, hard working employees may inquire within. If interested!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Where I used to work for GE before I retired, they got in some old lamp making machines last summer from Monterey Mexico to make lamps back in the USA. Those machines undoubtedly were originally at a plant in the USA. Although in the early eighties we sent a half dozen old style fluorescent machines to Monterey, these were not the same type machines sent from the plant I worked at. They probably have them up and running now making HID lamps. We never made HID lamps at our location before.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 AM
hsukaria

There are great success stories about manufacturing in the US. Some smaller ones here in Michigan that are highly automated, which unfortunately means not many employees required. But there is good bit of hiring going on around here, you just have to be in the right field.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Rocketman_

Originally Posted by R/C Ray
... I bought a 35Re less than a year ago w/ a two year warranty. The spark plug blew out of the head not once but twice!
... I also have a NEW DL 50 that I've had for a while,but it's brand new. This engine runs fine, but I can't shut it down with the
carb butterfly. The butterfly is completely closed, yet the engine still runs.
The MVVS 26cc is certainly not a cheap engine nor is it a "cheap" Chinese engine or a knock-off but my MVVS 26cc had problems just like R/C Ray's DLE's.
On its first day out it lost RPM and wouldn't accelerate above midrange. An inspection revealed that one head bolt was lost and the remaining bolts needed to be re-torqued.
On another day, the engine suddenly stopped in flight because the spark plug came out.
The first time I ran the new engine in my back yard to adjust the carb, I couldn't shut it down with the transmitter throttle cut. It idled reliably at 1340 rpm and when I flipped the throttle cut switched it just slowed to 990 rpm and kept running for over a minute. I immediately ordered an ignition kill switch.

I still like this engine and I like my "cheap" Chinese engines also. Maybe I'm just not one who expects perfection in everything man made. A common saying around here is "you get what you pay for". I wonder which engines they are talking about?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by Rocketman_
The MVVS 26cc is certainly not a cheap engine nor is it a "cheap" Chinese engine or a knock-off but my MVVS 26cc had problems just like R/C Ray's DLE's.
On its first day out it lost RPM and wouldn't accelerate above midrange. An inspection revealed that one head bolt was lost and the remaining bolts needed to be re-torqued.
On another day, the engine suddenly stopped in flight because the spark plug came out.
The first time I ran the new engine in my back yard to adjust the carb, I couldn't shut it down with the transmitter throttle cut. It idled reliably at 1340 rpm and when I flipped the throttle cut switched it just slowed to 990 rpm and kept running for over a minute. I immediately ordered an ignition kill switch.

I still like this engine and I like my "cheap" Chinese engines also. Maybe I'm just not one who expects perfection in everything man made. A common saying around here is "you get what you pay for". I wonder which engines they are talking about?
I wish I got what I paid for.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 PM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Originally Posted by R/C Ray
I think I've had it with DLE engines. I bought a 35Re less than a year ago w/ a two year warranty. The spark plug blew out of the head not once but twice! When I called to have it repaired I was told it wasn't covered under the warranty and that I could BUY a replacement head for $60! I complained to management and they contacted DLE and supplied me with the head (didn't do the work,but supplied the part). Here is where it gets interesting....the head was on back order! I waited over two months for the part! I really would have been upset if it was the flying season and had to wait that long to get a new engine up and running.

I also have a NEW DL 50 that I've had for a while,but it's brand new. This engine runs fine, but I can't shut it down with the
carb butterfly. The butterfly is completely closed, yet the engine still runs.

Think I'll be sticking with the old reliable Zenoah Gas Engines!?
Wipe away your tears and dust yourself off and get back in the game!!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 PM
AlexL
My Feedback: (4)

Truckracer has a very valid point - But until industry comes back to this country in a huge way our choices for country of origin are very limited. Some of the China haters need to get their heads out of their you know what and face facts .... we don't have a choice to buy otherwise in many cases.

Until Wal-Mart buys from another Country, and it will happen because we might not be able to afford Chinese goods any more couple of years from now. Going to my local Super Store, I am seeing quite a few Bangalore, Vietnam, and even some Eastern European mades.

Wal-Mart dictates the pricing, and will have no hesitation of switching suppliers, and we will go through the same quality, teething issues. The saying is true, you get what you paid for. Look at Toyota, Lexus these days, they are not so attainable now , and good old Canadian made trucks are now value, compare to the imports.

The wheel turns, and as long as people will accept an I-something something that is 20 dollars FOB but sells over 500 dollars U.S. here, then the in-balance will continue, no matter which country the product is made. Wall Street decides the future of a company, not us joe blows.

As far as jobs coming back this way, a Big yes, we are seeing quite a bit of start-up companies with very specialized products, the labour intense manufacturing will continue to go to wherever the cheapest, the 30 odd dollars an hour turning wrenches in a processing plant are long gone, and has nothing to do with management, people just can no longer afford the high cost of the finished products, and that's how the Global economy comes into play.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:58 PM
cubcrasher
My Feedback: (6)

K-mart has better rc helicopters than Wal-mart. I just thought
I would throw that out there.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:27 PM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by AlexL
Truckracer has a very valid point - But until industry comes back to this country in a huge way our choices for country of origin are very limited. Some of the China haters need to get their heads out of their you know what and face facts .... we don't have a choice to buy otherwise in many cases.

Until Wal-Mart buys from another Country, and it will happen because we might not be able to afford Chinese goods any more couple of years from now. Going to my local Super Store, I am seeing quite a few Bangalore, Vietnam, and even some Eastern European mades.

Wal-Mart dictates the pricing, and will have no hesitation of switching suppliers, and we will go through the same quality, teething issues. The saying is true, you get what you paid for. Look at Toyota, Lexus these days, they are not so attainable now , and good old Canadian made trucks are now value, compare to the imports.

The wheel turns, and as long as people will accept an I-something something that is 20 dollars FOB but sells over 500 dollars U.S. here, then the in-balance will continue, no matter which country the product is made. Wall Street decides the future of a company, not us joe blows.

As far as jobs coming back this way, a Big yes, we are seeing quite a bit of start-up companies with very specialized products, the labour intense manufacturing will continue to go to wherever the cheapest, the 30 odd dollars an hour turning wrenches in a processing plant are long gone, and has nothing to do with management, people just can no longer afford the high cost of the finished products, and that's how the Global economy comes into play.
I guess people can argue about economics and jobs for a long time. The issue remains that we as humans, of all nationalities, do not like to be treated like we are so easily disposable. The point that a lot of guys who used to have good jobs is that you can't switch your career and get instantly and easily re-trained to get these new jobs that are in demand. Not griping, just lamenting the reality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.