Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

A few questions about Evolution 10 cc gas

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

A few questions about Evolution 10 cc gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 07:45 PM
madwinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions about Evolution 10 cc gas

Hi, new to gas. building my first. Here is my questions.

I am mounting my 10cc upside down and cowled if I can. I only assume this is ok as I see other gassers upside down. If my assumption is wrong, please correct.

and if I am wrong the next question is moot.

Is there a Pitts muffler available for the Evolution 10cc that will work in the engines upside down configuration? If not, I can use the stock muffler out the side but would prefer a Pitts.

Thanks for your help with this.

Archie
Old 04-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Jackza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Archie.
That is correct. You can use a Pitts muffler, but you have to spend time to finded.
I have the same engine with the stock muffler in a king cobra by sig. Let me ask you...how do you do the gas /oil mixture? 20-1? Have a lot of mess of oil? I'll use a 25-1 after the brake in. Did you still with the same mixture ?
Old 04-05-2016, 02:14 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mufflers for the evo nitro engine will fit (same bolt spacing).
I've ran two of these engines since they were introduced. One issue that was taken care of by Horizon. They run fine. Don't change the mixture. They make a lot of mess as they break-in but after 2 gallons they clean-up and really run nice.