Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 10cc gas engine

Old 08-19-2017, 02:43 PM
rcfly3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 10cc gas engine

I have a new evolution 10cc gas engine. I have a separate battery for the electric ignition. I also have a on off switch and a kill switch from Evo. I have the battery hooked up to the on off switch. Then to the in on the kill switch. Which goes to the receiver and then to the electronic ignition and then to the motor. The problem is I can't get the Motor to start. I have spark and I'm using a cordless drill that I moded to get the motor to turn over. Sometimes it will
Pop as if it will start but it doesn't. I called horrizon email times but have had no luck. I also have the needles to factory settings. Please help I'm lost at this point thanks Kevin
Old 10-22-2017, 05:43 PM
rcdiehard

Just a thought Are you turning over the engine in the right direction ?
Old 10-23-2017, 03:39 AM
Steve N

I have found Evo engines to be easy starters out of the box so there might be something obvious wrong somewhere. Suggest you double check the various connections in line with the manual, I would lose the kill switch till you get it running OK, one less thing to worry about. While trouble shooting you could also lose the switch and plug the battery in directly and check its got a good charge of course. Maybe the drill is turning at an inappropriate speed , can you borrow a regular starter? Throttle open to just above a typical idle opening should work OK. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:19 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If the light is on and you have spark, it's not very likely there's any trouble with the switch.

It's more likely a fuel thing, or possibly your "electric starter" isn't turning the engine over fast enough.

When you pull the plug, is it wet? Possible fouled with raw gas?

If the plug is dry, have you tried priming the engine with a few drops of fuel? The carbs, until they've had some fuel run through them, don't pump worth a darn, Guys writing in trying to get that initial carb prime and start out of the way frequently struggle with that first start because of that.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 PM
jeff4steel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had similar experience when I re-started mine 2-3 years later than its previous running. Finally I manually started it by opening the low speed needle about 4.5 turns. I didn't connect the pipe from muffler to oil tank and it still worked well. I just couldn't remember what setting I made many years ago when it worked perfectly. No bad now neither, anyway.