Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G 62 Pressure Tap

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 12:38 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G 62 Pressure Tap

Getting ready to put a B&B smoke pump on my G 62. Where is the best location on the crankcase to drill and tap for the pressure fitting? Thanks.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:40 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default G62

Exhaust side,about 1/2 inch back from the crankcase joint, about 1/4 inch down from the cylinder base...Take the cylinder off and blow out the chips...
Old 12-26-2001, 02:36 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default G 62 Pressure Tap

Thanks!! Appreciate the help!!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Default RE: G 62 Pressure Tap

There is more to it than that. After you have drilled hole (previous location is correct) you will notice the cylinder skirt which goes into the crankcase. Once the hole is drilled, put the cylinder head skirt back into the crankcase. Then take a smaller drill bit and start marking a
hole location on the skirt. Lift the head off, and see if you can see a mark on the skirt. If so, pull the head off the piston, and get it away from the rest of the engine. Take a small dremel and cut a small slot through 1/2 of the skirt. Make one horizontal and the other vertical to create a small air inlet....the horizontial one goes from the mark to the rear of the skirt, the vertical one goes down in the crank. This gets the air moving. Blow out any filings, oil rings, compress around ring pin and insert back into the head....you are ready to go after reassembly.....DO NOT MAKE A SLOT DEEPER THAN 1/2 OF THE EXISTING SKIRT.....THIS SKIRT SUPPORTS THE PISTON. This is done on the outside of the skirt....not the inside!