eveloution G26

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Sparkey
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eveloution G26

Distance from you: 0 km

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I have purchased the evoloution 1.6 for a Sig Rascal110 inch . I have not installed it as I am trying to finish another project first . If possable Iwould like information on the installations
Did you mount your motor inverted or sideways ?
Also what muffler did you use ?
Where was your ignition module mounted?
If possable a couple of pictures of your installations would sure help
I am hoping there is enough room to invert and ad a bisson wrap around .
How does it handle with that kind of wieght in it
Now that I have asked for all this information is there anything I can do for you. LOL.
Tigermoth
Old 09-04-2005, 10:25 PM
3dbob37n

Default RE: eveloution G26

I for one, would like to hear others comments about this engine. I have one on back order currently and will put it in my Funtana 90 when it arrives.
For the record, I will probably invert it and already have aluminum motor mounts. I plan to use the stock muffler Horizon sells with the engine.
Everyone in my club is anxiously awaiting the arrival since this engine may be a sign of things to come for others as well.

3dbob
Old 09-05-2005, 08:25 AM
b100

I just replaced a saito 1.00 in my 1/4 scale busa cub with the evo 26 gt. A similar sized plane as the rascal, i mounted it inverted, the ignition module is just behind the firewall.I planned on using the bisson wrap around pitts muffler but there wasn't enough room between the cylinder & the firewall, i welded my own wrap around muffler. In my installation the distance between the firewall & prop drive washer was 6 1/2 '' if you had 7 1/2'' the bisson would probably work. The engine runs great, starts very easily. The throttle hooks up very easy but the choke is a little tricky to connect to.I did have to add quite a bit more right & down thrust compared to the glow engine, balance was no problem just moved elevator & rudder servo's to the tail.I would definately reccomend this engine, it should be a very good match with the rascal, alot less cowl cutting than the zenoah g26.Sorry no pictures at this time, maybe in a few days.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:08 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

You may want to do a search for the Rascal and MVVS combination. This is basically the same engine, and there are several threads with installations of it.