Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DA50 Carb and Reed Valve Reassembly

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA50 Carb and Reed Valve Reassembly

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 10:03 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA50 Carb and Reed Valve Reassembly

Hi,

Couple questions on the DA50 WT201B Carb. When reattaching the throttle butterfly plate to the throttle arm, does the tiny half moon shaped cut out of the bottom of the plate point to the top of the pulse line valve on the top of the carb or down towards the needle valves? Secondly, when disassembling the carb, the white plastic housing for the reed valve pulled out and I'm not sure if I inserted it back into the plastic housing upside down or not. Is there a way to tell?

While I'm on the topic, I was inspecting the reeds and they don't appear to be completely seated. A couple of them seem to have 1/2 mm gaps. Does this affect performance?

Thanks!

John
Old 09-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Kfoss1

Default RE: DA50 Carb and Reed Valve Reassembly

Hey SydDythers, the little half moon points towards the needle valve screws and you might want to put a dab of blue loctite on the screw.The white reed block can be installed either way.If you have the carb update, the black spacer has the pulse vent facing down.My reeds are all closed tight so the gap in the reeds may affect performance. I have read about open reeds in other threads and I think you can carefully unsnap them and turn them over. Hope this helps, good luck.
ORIGINAL: SydDythers

Hi,

Couple questions on the DA50 WT201B Carb. When reattaching the throttle butterfly plate to the throttle arm, does the tiny half moon shaped cut out of the bottom of the plate point to the top of the pulse line valve on the top of the carb or down towards the needle valves? Secondly, when disassembling the carb, the white plastic housing for the reed valve pulled out and I'm not sure if I inserted it back into the plastic housing upside down or not. Is there a way to tell?

While I'm on the topic, I was inspecting the reeds and they don't appear to be completely seated. A couple of them seem to have 1/2 mm gaps. Does this affect performance?

Thanks!

John
Old 09-18-2005, 09:17 AM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks a million Kfoss. Mucho Grande helpful! I had noticed that the carb was spitting out fuel when it was choked and figured it might be the reeds not seating properly.

Cheers,

John
Old 09-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Kfoss1

[sm=thumbup.gif]