Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Firewall fuel profing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Banche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firewall fuel profing?

I got a plain old piece of 1/4'' ply wood that I am going to glue to a 1/8'' piece of ply wood. For the firewall on my TOC 30% Flame yak with a DA 50

The stock piece of wood looks kinda shiny and I think it might have somthing like epoxy over it.

This is my first gasser and I was wondering If I should coat the new firewall in a thin layer of epoxy or ca or what in the world should I do?

How do you proof wood for gasoline.

Also, Is pining the firewall better than putting aluminum l braces on the sides or are the l braces better. I dont care about the weight because it would be minimal and I need all the extra weight I can get up front anyways!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Firewall fuel profing?

Epoxy or poly-U will work for fuel proofing. However, I'd scrap the "plain old piece of plywood". If it's from your local Home Depot or Lowe's, it's probably only three ply, and will not be nearly as strong as what we use, which is 5 ply.

I prefer pinning with large hardwood dowels.

Dr.1