Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

gas/oil mix...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:43 PM
tj6265
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas/oil mix...

[&:] Can anyone tell me what other brand of oil can be used with the G-62 beside the recommended oil and at what ratio.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:19 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: gas/oil mix...

You can use any hi quality synthetic or non synthetic oil that is desidned for "air cooled' engines. The general conensus is to mix at the ratio recomended by the oil mfg. Many also recomend using a petroleum based oil for break-in, but I have never done so. Seems that Redline, Belray, Amsoil, Mobil, Honda, and several others are the favorites among RCU members for synthetics, and mostly Lawn Boy Ashless for a petrolium based. I personally have been using Amsoil Sabre Synthetic, at a 100:1 ratio, on ALL my gas engines, for about 8 years. Never seen any oil related problems.
Do some searching and reading on RCU, and you will be able to make an informed choice.
It was pointed out in another thread, that how you use & maintain your motor seems to be more important, than what oil brand or ratio.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas/oil mix...

Any good motorcycle oil works well. I've used Yamalube and Amsoil. I really like the clean-burnnig properties of Amsoil at 100:1 to 75:1.

Dr.1