Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

What plane to choose for a MVVS 45 -58cc engine

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

What plane to choose for a MVVS 45 -58cc engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:03 PM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What plane to choose for a MVVS 45 -58cc engine

Hi!
Could someone with personal experience tell me if there is such an aerobatic airplane (ARF semi scale) that suits a MVVS 45cc (or a MVVS 58cc engine).
What I want is 3D performance and light wingloading...I don't want a lead sled!! And I want it to fly real slow in knife edge (pereferably waking pace) I have head that there are planes that can do that.
I know that light wing loading is a key factor when it comes to good performance. Big heavy engines is no good!
So what airplanes are there to choose from?

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 10-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Hans Meij

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What plane to choose for a MVVS 45 -58cc engine

MVVS45 & Topmodel Agressor

http://www.topmodelcz.com/index.php?..._detail&id=539
Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What plane to choose for a MVVS 45 -58cc engine

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
Could someone with personal experience tell me if there is such an aerobatic airplane (ARF semi scale) that suits a MVVS 45cc (or a MVVS 58cc engine).
Hi Jan,

I don't know what's available to you over there....without paying a ton of shipping to get one from over here, but here's my input without regard to that issue.

I have a MVVS 45 in a KMP Yak and at 17.25lbs it flies very impressively, doing everything you're looking for....but what I'd recommend first is the Quique Somenzini 85" Yak since they're coming out in the 15.5lb range with a DA50, so the 45 would put it down in the low 15's, plus the flight reports have been excellent. Second choice would be the BME Yak, which is getting good flight reports too, though they are scarce, but seem to be about a pound heavier than the QQ. My first choice would be the EF Yak(also in the 15lb range), but as you might know they haven't been available for some time, and it appears it will be a few months more before another batch is available. Oh, I forgot that I'm a bit Yak biased right now...putting that aside, the BME Edge II would also be a great choice for the 45....and I think it's available and is supposed to be coming out light too.

Also, I'm not sure any of the Yaks are available now, or when they will be.

BTW, in this size plane, and with the description of what performance is important to you, I would definitely recommend the 45 over the 58. I went through this decision and had already bought the 58, then decided the 45 was better suited to this size plane, and I'm happy I did. If you want to go to a 1500-1600 sq in wing plane in the 19-20lb range(not many available in that size), then I'd definitely go for the 58.