Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Walbro 610 carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:33 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro 610 carb

I recently purchased a Peak 26cc engine. First thing I noticed was there was no choke on the carb. Being a rear induction engine, I figured this would be nightmare to start with no way to choke it. I had a couple of Walbro 610 carbs (with chokes) I decided to replace the carb and proceeded to mount engine and finish the plane. On the first test run the engine started easily and ran, but somewhat rough. I ran a tank through it and proceeded to tune carb. It was way out, but started to come around nicely. After some tuning the engine ran better than any gasser I have ever seen. Abousoutly smooth from idle to wot, with NO four stroking. I was amazed. Never changed the needles since and all is fine. I did notice the 610 had a bigger bore than original carb and the needles were longer and seemed to have finer threads and tuneing was far less critical. I recently purchased a 3mm toc 53 gas engine and could never seem to stop the four stroking and have dependable transition. After a while I remembered I had another 610 and decided to try it on this engine. Made all the difference in the world, smooth and good transition. I tried to get some info on this carb to see how it may differ from other Walbro carbs, without success. Would like to know any info on this carb and/or comments. I am pleased with the performance of both engines running this carb on them, just driving me crazy as to why this carb seems to perform so much better than others.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 AM
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Walbro 610 carb

Hi,
Is the 610 a WT,WA or some other prefix? What is the number cast into the carb throat enterance? This represents the size of the venturi in 64ths of an inch. It is nice to hear about sucessful mods.

Dave
Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
My Feedback: (3)

It is a WT. Dont know about other number dont want to pull cowl off.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
My Feedback: (29)

Hi,
A number 28 is usually good for a 26cc. 11mm is a number 28.

Dave
Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 AM
My Feedback: (4)

The WT-610 is a big carb. The venturi is 13.49mm and the intake should have a 34 cast into it. Pulling the cowl won't help as the intake faces the firewall and you probably can't get a good look anyway. By comparison the 44 and 50cc engines I convert use a Walbro WT-201 carb. Same venturi and intake. Sounds over carbed to me and also I would think you had to squeeze the needles pretty lean to make it run well. But hey if it works it works. Usually on that size engine I use a carb in the 11 to 12mm range. For reference look at the Horizon page and look up the carbs they use on the 26cc engines. Here is a link to Walbro for your carb.

http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/product...m=WT%2D610%2D1