Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

YW 48 twin

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
robp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YW 48 twin

I just received from one of my club members this engine, a yw-48-213 for the idea of putting in my hangar -9 c-182. I am little concerned if this even a good engine due to what I read. Is any one ruinning this engine and have any specs on it. Also what would this engine be worth . It;s got only about 1 hour on it.

Thanks
R Palmer
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robp
I just received from one of my club members this engine, a yw-48-213 for the idea of putting in my hangar -9 c-182. I am little concerned if this even a good engine due to what I read. Is any one ruinning this engine and have any specs on it. Also what would this engine be worth . It;s got only about 1 hour on it.

Thanks
R Palmer
Hi Bob,
I have had two of the YW 48 engines both ran fine,very smooth. I sold one and loaned one out.I do not think they had the power of the VV 40.
Bill C. BCCHI
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robp

Thanks
R Palmer
I also have a couple of these......not the strongest horse in the barn, but they sure are smooooth! .......I don't know of any parts/source, that's the only negative.......
Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Smooth engine for sure. Know a guy that has one. He had to replace the reeds with Boysens because they frayed. Not a lot of run time on the engine. 21x8 or 10 was the prop. Can't remember which.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:35 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BCCHI, did you see on the news the record snow depth near Rapid City? Its going to take a bit of time to melt it would seem !
Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by captinjohn
BCCHI, did you see on the news the record snow depth near Rapid City? Its going to take a bit of time to melt it would seem !
Yes I seen that ,We have no snow.Hope to fly this week end.Got to fly last Sat and
Sun.
BCCHI
Old 03-15-2014, 04:26 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We did have about 30 inches in the woods. It is just now starting to melt away some. We also had some record low temps. I plan to fly more this summer. Last year it was hard to get anyone even interested in flying. I have not figured out why yet?