Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

The Future of BME Engines

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:41 PM
brn2fly
My Feedback: (190)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Future of BME Engines

To all that are concerned about BME Engines, I am one of the future owners and would like to bring everyone up to date. The transaction should be completed soon and we plan to relocate BME to the Oklahoma City area, with most repairs being done in Kansas for the first 6 months.

We will provide customer service second to none. If necessary we will hire additional workers to allow us to restore customer service. Engines currently at BME for repair will be repaired by Mr. Baker and returned. Customers who pre-paid for an engine or paid deposits will be refunded their money. Engines needing repair should be held until we have taken over operations. We will provide both warranty and non warranty service for all BME engines but will also provide service on all makes and models of gas engines soon.

We plan to release the 58cc single fairly quickly while continuing the 115cc with a redesigned intake, eliminating the need for after market modification. Future plans are to release a couple of larger engines not currently offered within 6-12 months. New engines will continue to set the standard as the lightest in their class while providing excellent performance.

The website will be redesigned and customers will be able to use a shopping cart feature and any credit card or paypal. We will answer emails and phone calls as quickly as possible and provide tech support on websites that have tech forums. So I ask that all BME customers be patient as we take over and hit the ground running. I will post again when the transaction is final. Look for our new phone number and email address. My partner and I are looking forward to taking care of past, present, and new BME customers. Thanks for your continued support and understanding, we will earn the right to keep your business!

Sincerely Andy Snow
Old 02-17-2008, 06:48 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: The Future of BME Engines

way to come aboard Andy and put the rumor mill to the side. I look forward to having the new company on board.

Gerald
Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

This is simply awesome!! Thank you Andy for stepping in and making things right. I know that if the BME engine line was to be taken care of and get some of the issues out of the way......it could be at the very top in motor performance! Can't wait to see what you guys have coming.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:05 PM
TxDiveBomber

ORIGINAL: JEFFRO503

This is simply awesome!! Thank you Andy for stepping in and making things right. I know that if the BME engine line was to be taken care of and get some of the issues out of the way......it could be at the very top in motor performance! Can't wait to see what you guys have coming.
Ditto!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Pontiac_40
My Feedback: (3)

That's good to hear, I just had a question, I was a customers of Keith that had returned his brand new 115 back to Keith in Oct of 2007 due to the the same intake issues with the engine mention in your post. I changed my mind after I found out about these problems and returned it back to BME NIB and never got a refund back, would you be the person to look into this?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 09:04 PM
brn2fly

PM sent.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Probably premature to ask but what the heck! Have you guys had a chance to redesign the intake issue ?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
brn2fly

We know what is causing the problem and have looked at the fixes that are being offered by some. My partner has already come up with a new intake and we are going to have them made once the transaction is complete and we are the sole owners. Current 115/110 owners will be able to take advantage on the new intake as it will be a bolt in replacement part.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Cool--Ill be getting the EF 110" Yak soon so Ill have to add this to my engine list !
Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Are you guys going to make any more of the Super Tigre G90 conversions?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
brn2fly

Yes we are. However I think it won't be until the 58 is out and we are able to turn repairs around in a week.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:46 PM
JEFFRO503

ORIGINAL: brn2fly

We know what is causing the problem and have looked at the fixes that are being offered by some. My partner has already come up with a new intake and we are going to have them made once the transaction is complete and we are the sole owners. Current 115/110 owners will be able to take advantage on the new intake as it will be a bolt in replacement part.

Hey Andy.............this is awesome news and all , so i don't want to rain on anyones parade. BUT in all the previous BME 115 threads there we're quite a few guy who did some extensive problem solving on this engine , and they all seemed like it wasn't "just" an intake issue. The intake was a HUGE part of it , but it had to do with the way the case was machined as well where the intake bolted on. I'm sure some of them will chime in here and give their thoughts and findings. But was thinking that the case had to be re-shaped a little in the intake side , along with a shorter ( slanted) reed cage block and a carb that will give the right amount of fuel. Again , i know nothing compared to the guys who we're doing the testing. And i'm sure you guys can figure everything else out , just thought it might give you some ideas on a good permanent fix for the 115.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

that 58 sounds like it could go in a airframe i stripped out to put the EF Yak in the air.....
Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff,

The 3 needle carb that Keith designed takes care of 100% of the issues that had been present with the 115. I've had the opportunity to fly with both Altavillan and RTK since I've returned and can truthfully state that the 3 needle carb blows the doors off the reed block modifications and carb drilling that is being done by some. RTK has the carb and Altavillan has been doing reed and carb mods. Altavillan will graciously accept a 3 needle carb in a heart beat, and so would I.

I have absolutely no idea what's in the works with the new induction design but I'm all for a bolt on solution that every current owner of a 110-115 will be able to take advantage of. Matter of fact, I'll be one of the first in line. Where do I sign up? The 115 is still the lightest 100cc class engine by a very large margin and when running correctly beats every other 100cc class engine on the market for power, hands down. The 110 isn't a slouch by any definition of the word either.

Kudos to the two gentlemen that stepped up to the plate to buy an existing company and accept control of the previous owners problems in the process. That's a class act and one to be recognized. This acceptance of product issues places them miles above those that want to make a quick buck while publically disclaiming any responsibility or connection with BME. Especially those that for years kissed serious BME butt when BME was in business but have been quick with the back stab now that he's not.

brn2fly,

Thank you and to your partner for jumping in and doing what needed to be done. One of the great things about this hobby is that when manufacturers go the mile to take care of the customers, the customers return the loyalty and both the manufacturer/distributor and the customer benefit from the growth that results from mutual trust. I'm looking forward to your opening of the doors.

Pat
Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 AM
JEFFRO503

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

Jeff,

The 3 needle carb that Keith designed takes care of 100% of the issues that had been present with the 115. I've had the opportunity to fly with both Altavillan and RTK since I've returned and can truthfully state that the 3 needle carb blows the doors off the reed block modifications and carb drilling that is being done by some. RTK has the carb and Altavillan has been doing reed and carb mods. Altavillan will graciously accept a 3 needle carb in a heat beat, and so would I.

I have absolutely no idea what's in the works with the new induction design but I'm all for a bolt on solution that every current owner of a 110-115 will be able to take advantage of. Matter of fact, I'll be one of the first in line. Where do I sign up? The 115 is still the lightest 100cc class engine by a very large margin and when running correctly beats every other 100cc class engine on the market for power, hands down. The 110 isn't a slouch by any definition of the word either.

Kudos to the two gentlemen that stepped up to the plate to buy an existing company and accept control of the previous owners problems in the process. That's a class act and one to be recognized. This acceptance of product issues places them miles above those that want to make a quick buck while publically disclaiming any responsibility or connection with BME. Especially those that for years kissed serious BME butt when BME was in business but have been quick with the back stab now that he's not.

brn2fly,

Thank you and to your partner for jumping in and doing what needed to be done. One of the great things about this hobby is that when manufacturers go the mile to take care of the customers, the customers return the loyalty and both the manufacturer/distributor and the customer benefit from the growth that results from mutual trust. I'm looking forward to your opening of the doors.

Pat

NO YA TELL ME!! oh well , i'm sure Altavillan is having fun with the motor i sold him. I know he had a carb issue with it right after he got it from me ( came loose) i guess. It was above and beyond myself to get that motor to run right , so i sold it brand new.

I have decided to go with the 3W-106CS , with a aluminum reed block and a CH ignition put on it.

BTW.........i had a feeling you we're coming back from the last email i got from you....but i wasn't sure you we're back for sure.

How long do you plan on sticking around Pat? And do you have any plans on coming up north? When i talked to arnold ( Altavillian) he said i could come down and stay with him for a few days and some serious flying! If your going to be around for a while , i'll try and make it down around June/july or sometime around there.

I have some toher cool planes in the works as well Pat. Besides the WH sukhoi , i got a CA Models 34% composite pitts stinker , a 33% dietrich 260 on order and a 97" Gee Bee Y. So this summer should be a blast if i can finish rounding up all the motor's and electronics.

Let me know how long you plan on sticking around Pat , i'd love to come down and tear some holes in the skies with you , RTK and Arnold.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kinda' worried about Keith?[sm=disappointed.gif]
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 AM
altavillan

Well so much for picking up cheap 115s
Yes the 3 needle solves the intake issues. So does changing the reed block airflow.
The next problems to solve are;
1. Lower the intake port across from the exhaust so the lower ring doesn't wear into the bridge.
2. Don't remove the flashing in the ports by hand. 3 of 6 cylinders I have, have grooves caused by dremels slipping.
3. Too much back pressure/high rpm causes exhaust gasses to be pressed back into the crankcase. Perhaps mainly from the rear intake port being positioned to high in the cylinder.

I'm not worried about Keith. Anyone with his smarts and ambition doesn't stay down long. More than likely if he had more working capitol he would still be in business. Nothing wrong with trying and failing. Anyone who managed to buy a 3W106cs while they were on sale for $1195.00 can thank Keith.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
toddblose
My Feedback: (10)

I'm kinda' worried about Keith?
Don't be, he is getting what he wants. BME is going to be in good hands and he can go on to other things
that he wants to do.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Tired Old Man

Keith is doing just fine from what I've heard.

Jeff,

I'll be around CA for another month and a half or so. The I'll have to go up there for a brief working stay to come up to speed on some things. I just received an invitation to go to the Toledo show and visit the Wild Hare booth in early April. That sounds rather fun! If you want to come down here you would have some fun for sure, but you'll have to get used to flying off pavement Guy and Ralph have a lot more room that I do but we'd find a place for ya if you decide to make the trip. I picked up a new 106 with the Salas mods and just might be dropping it onto the new 35% Wild Hare Edge. Know anyone that has a use for a pair of ES Composites pipes? They weigh nothing but sure are long.

Guy,

I still think the exhaust back pressure problem is a function of your headers... Your 115 is runnng good but Ralphs beats it With the news of the new BME I have high hopes for running mine in the Yak. I've waited this long so I think I can wait a little longer.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 PM
AmpAce

A big THANK YOU to Andy Snow and patner for taking over BME. It would be too bad to just let this great engine wither away in the weeds! I'll be looking forward to seeing more products, and continuing service.

You are starting out with the right philosophy regarding product support and customer service.

Best wishes, and hopefully, you will be keeping BME on the map for a long time to come!

AmpAce
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
RTK

Congratulations Andy and the best of luck to you and your partner. I am glad someone is stepping up to the plate and taking over Keith's engine line. I completely agree with Ampace.
As mentioned earlier the 115 and 110 are the lightest and most powerful engines in their class. Maybe that's why I have 3 of them.
I am the guy who has been using a 3 needle carb and am completely satisfied with it's performance. It's a Beast that does NOT burble. But, I would also like to try the bolt on fix, so put me down for one of those when they go into production. I would also like to try one of those 58's too.

I sure Keith will do just fine Bass.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
AmpAce

RTK,

I've been reading good reports about the 3-needle carb from you and others. Is the carb you have an unavailable prototype, or are more available?

I don't need the awesome power, but would like to be able to tune the low and mid-range for smoother running and throttle response.

Thanks,
Ampace
Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM
RTK

AmpAce--Although the 3 needle is infinitely adjustable. I would try the new owners bolt on replacement part. It would much easier than trying to modify a carb to make it a 3 needle. I tested a couple of different carbs for Keith along with a couple of my own. There is more than one way to skin a cat, so always go with the easiest first. Pulse port location makes a difference.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
AmpAce

Yup, thanks, that would sure be the first logical step, and may well solve the rough mid-range problem. No more than I will be using the top end of the rev band, I could probably safely lean it to get the mid-range better if necessary.

AmpAce
Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Tired Old Man

Unless you have an uncontrollable need to rip the prop or have a very large plane you never get to peak rpm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.