Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji 32EI, RFI???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
CB36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji 32EI, RFI???

Hi all;
I'm setting up my first gas engine, a Fuji 32EI on my first Giant, a GP Giant Super Sportster. I've been reading some of the concerns with Fujis causing interference and glitching. I'm following the instructions and have a nylon throttle rod, will locate the ign well away, etc.

Am I likely to encounter RFI or are the newer Fujis better in this regard? I'm reading that an after-market ignition such as CH or maybe buying one of the 2.4 radio systems will alleviate the problem?

I'm a couple of months out from being able to run the motor, (winter in the NE), so right now I'm looking to start my potential trouble list, (I'm a glass half-empty guy for sure. I figure optimism is for those who are inexperienced).

Thanks!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:37 PM
kwhite.6

Default RE: Fuji 32EI, RFI???

Send it back before you start it!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:57 PM
frenchie79

I put one together last fall and never had a problem. The only issue that troubled me was the high and low speed needles on the 32 needed to be alot richer than what the manual states. If you can get it started open both up a turn or two. Other than that, runs good and plane flies nice. A bit of a floater, cut power out further than you would think.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:55 PM
hauckf

I bought my Giant SS and a Fugi 32EI about a year ago and have had no RF interference problems. I put all the ignition stuff, module, battery, and switch as far forward as possible, right up against the firewall. I routed the aileron wires further back in the wing than the directions showed. The only problem that I did have was with the carb. The screws that mount the carb to the spacer were too long and bottomed out on the cylinder casting, causing an air leak. After I figured that out and fixed the problem the engine ran fine. Ditto what Frenchy79 says about the needles. The manual says open the high needle 3/4 turns and the low 1 3/8 turns. I'm at 1 1/2 turns on the high, and 2 1/8 turns on the low. This is my first and so far only gasser and I am happy with it. It is not a 3D plane, but that's not what I was looking for when I bought it.