Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
gringopete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

I was not going to get involved in this argument but I feel I should state BP Hobbies experience with RCGF engines in the last year. Let me state first I am in agreement with Ron from South East RC Engines as to what has happened at RCGF in the last few years. I can also add that they have invested in new machinery and have hired new engineers to produce better products. We also keep very good and I mean very good records at BP hobbies (we are a for profit business). Our computer system is one of the best, (our owner is a computer genius) I can analyze anything and get real data on returns and defects. Our average rate of return of defective products is about 3%; it can be higher for electronic based products. The following are the real facts of our experience with RCGF for the last 16 months since we took on the RCGF Line.

We have shipped almost 1000 engines in the last 16 months. Those engines went to retail customers and over 400 hobby shops in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.  We have many retail customers with 3-6 RCGF engines and the hobby shops keep reordering more engines.

We have had 18 returned engines in total. 12 of those have had carburetor problems. 10 of those carburetor problems were form dirt in the carb (customer not using an inline fuel filter). 2 others were failed diaphragms.

4 of the 18 were from failed ignition units. We also shipped an additional 12 ignition units that had failed.

I have had two engines that had mechanical failure.  Both were replaced under warranty.

As a businessman these are the anticipated rates when compared to any product.

As far as the company RCGF, I could not have asked for a better business partner. I have had 110% support from the factory .If I need something, I get it. I have asked for changes to engines and they have always been made, that’s why you see new versions of various engines as improvements are made. We will continue to develop the engine line. We will also continue the parts support for engines that are no longer in production.

As far as parts, we have replacement parts available for all of the engines that we have shipped from our warehouse.   They are available at www.bphobbies.com

I have on many occasions received parts from the factory in China by EMS airfreight in 5 days, because Catherine at RCGF is extremely responsive to your needs and ours.

As far as quality we have had 3 major magazine reviews on RCGF engines.  Fly RC magazine said this about the 32CC engine “The high quality construction makes the RCGF 32 an excellent choice for you next project.”  The other two articles, one in Fly RC and the other in RC Sport Flyer reviewed the 15CC and loved it. I have sent another 5 engines out and look forward to the reviews.  All engines sent for review are randomly picked from stock just as if they were for any customer.  We wanted to have an objective opinion of the company as well as the actual engine. 

We have been doing this for over 55 years. This is not a side business for us.  We are all full time employees here at BP Hobbies, this is how we put food on our tables. We don’t eat if the product comes back to us. I would not and have not in the past sold a product that I know is garbage. 

Now can you get a defective engine? It is possible but not likely.  You stand a less than 2% chance of it. If you purchase a RCGF engine from BP Hobbies or from one of our 400 plus authorized dealers you have a two year warranty that is serviced by us.  Parts and technical support are right here in the good old USA. We are here five days a week Mon-Fri. We have online support at [email protected]. We are committed to a long term relationship with RCGF. So are we going to be here tomorrow?  You bet, we have to eat. We are not a sell and bail company.

We have now stated our position.  We thank all of our loyal customers and look forward to making new customers soon. 

Gregg

Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 PM
FOOPED
My Feedback: (8)

Greg how would I get the new style prop hub for the RCGF 45? The four bolt hub.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 AM
SERCE

Thanks for the help Gregg!

ORIGINAL: gringopete

I was not going to get involved in this argument but I feel I should state BP Hobbies experience with RCGF engines in the last year. Let me state first I am in agreement with Ron from South East RC Engines as to what has happened at RCGF in the last few years. I can also add that they have invested in new machinery and have hired new engineers to produce better products. We also keep very good and I mean very good records at BP hobbies (we are a for profit business). Our computer system is one of the best, (our owner is a computer genius) I can analyze anything and get real data on returns and defects. Our average rate of return of defective products is about 3%; it can be higher for electronic based products. The following are the real facts of our experience with RCGF for the last 16 months since we took on the RCGF Line.

We have shipped almost 1000 engines in the last 16 months. Those engines went to retail customers and over 400 hobby shops in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. We have many retail customers with 3-6 RCGF engines and the hobby shops keep reordering more engines.

We have had 18 returned engines in total. 12 of those have had carburetor problems. 10 of those carburetor problems were form dirt in the carb (customer not using an inline fuel filter). 2 others were failed diaphragms.

4 of the 18 were from failed ignition units. We also shipped an additional 12 ignition units that had failed.

I have had two engines that had mechanical failure. Both were replaced under warranty.

As far as the company RCGF, I could not have asked for a better business partner. I have had 110% support from the factory .If I need something, I get it. I have asked for changes to engines and they have always been made, that’s why you see new versions of various engines as improvements are made. We will continue to develop the engine line. We will also continue the parts support for engines that are no longer in production.

As far as parts, we have replacement parts available for all of the engines that we have shipped from our warehouse. They are available at http://<font face=''Calibri'' size='...ies.com</font>

I have on many occasions received parts from the factory in China by EMS airfreight in 5 days, because Catherine at RCGF is extremely responsive to your needs and ours.

As far as quality we have had 3 major magazine reviews on RCGF engines. Fly RC magazine said this about the 32CC engine “The high quality construction makes the RCGF 32 an excellent choice for you next project.†The other two articles, one in Fly RC and the other in RC Sport Flyer reviewed the 15CC and loved it. I have sent another 5 engines out and look forward to the reviews. All engines sent for review are randomly picked from stock just as if they were for any customer. We wanted to have an objective opinion of the company as well as the actual engine.

We have been doing this for over 55 years. This is not a side business for us. We are all full time employees here at BP Hobbies, this is how we put food on our tables. We don’t eat if the product comes back to us. I would not and have not in the past sold a product that I know is garbage.

Now can you get a defective engine? It is possible but not likely. You stand a less than 2% chance of it. If you purchase a RCGF engine from BP Hobbies or from one of our 400 plus authorized dealers you have a two year warranty that is serviced by us. Parts and technical support are right here in the good old USA. We are here five days a week Mon-Fri. We have online support at http://<font face=''Calibri'' size='...ies.com</font>. We are committed to a long term relationship with RCGF. So are we going to be here tomorrow? You bet, we have to eat. We are not a sell and bail company.

We have now stated our position. We thank all of our loyal customers and look forward to making new customers soon.

Gregg

Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
gringopete

Fooped

You can get the upgrade 45cc prop hub by sending us your old style hub and $15.00 to

BP Hobbies
140 Ethel Road West
Suite J
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Gregg

Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
awesome
My Feedback: (1)

I've tried to comment on my experience with a certain supplier only to find my entire post deleted. What's going on with that then? Afraid of a customer getting in the way of a good story?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The only posts of yours that were deleted were on 3-21-09 and 3-22-09 and you were not talking about a supplier
Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
aeroscale

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gringopete,
I bought my two 45cc engines in May, they appear to have three-bolt hubs. Do I need to swap them out for the upgraded four-bolt units? Have issues surfaced with the three-bolt unit?
AEROSCALE
Old 11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
gringopete

No you do not have to, but if you do,the new hub is about 1/4" shorter so you would have to space the engine out. I have three 45cc engnines that i fly about every weekend. One ofthe engines Iupgraded to the new hub so we could check the fit of the upgrade hub. I like the new hub because it is only one piece, but iIhave not had issues with the 2 piece hub.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:39 PM
MercerAUST

Like most, I read up about RCGF and other Chines clone engines before making the plunge to 2-stroke gas. In the end, I couldn't resist the price and brought a 26cc RCGF 2-stroke from HobbyKing for $139. I have had no problems with the engine in a VQ Pilatus Porter 14lb plane with about 40 flights so far. Last weekend, the plane seemed much noiser than usual and I landed to find that the muffler had fallen off. I couldn't find a replacement muffler on the HK site and ended up buying another engine figuring I could use this for replacement parts becasue the price was so cheap (and I reeived it on my doorstep 4 days after placing the order so I didn't even loose a weekend's flying). I now realise that just about any aftermarket muffler will fit. Ah well, I can always use the

I can't understand how my LHS can compete with prices/engines like this. The closest I can get is about $350 for a 26cc engine. I realise that my LHS must provide back-up, support and replacement parts, and that this will all add to the costs. If I could get a similar engine for under $200, I would want to support my LHS.

At the end of the day, people will buy what is cheapest and will often be disappointed. I figure that, as long as I have over 50-75% chance of getting a decent product, I'm not going to get upset if a $130 engine ends up being a dud. I won't even complain about having to buy another engine for replacement parts. It's still $260 vs $$350, everything else being equal.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM
aussiesteve

Sure makes that "F" Seem expensive doesn't it

RCG"F" - $350
RCG - $130

1 x "F" = $220 (that buys quite a lot of mufflers and / or other spare parts)

The look on the face with the realisation of that simple fact? - Priceless

And I have been saying this for a very long time indeed. - Hobbyking is the best place to buy nearly every brand of Engine from this "manufacturers group" (AKA the "Zhejiang consortium") as this is not the only brand they "make".

Yep - Spares such as mufflers are very readily available, the bolt pattern is pretty standard.

Fact is, LHS's can't really compete against the business practices of so many of the Chinese companies (not only this One and nopt only in the Engine supply market). So they tend to give up after a while and write it off to experience - then they go and sell what products make them a profit, usually with less headaches..
Old 11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Sure makes that ''F'' Seem expensive doesn't it

RCG''F'' - $350
RCG - $130

1 x ''F'' = $220 (that buys quite a lot of mufflers and / or other spare parts)

And I have been saying this for a very long time indeed. - Hobbyking is the best place to buy nearly every brand of Engine from this ''manufacturers group'' (AKA the ''Zhejiang consortium'') as this is not the only brand they ''make''.

Yep - Spares such as mufflers are very readily available, the bolt pattern is pretty standard.

Fact is, LHS's can't really compete against the business practices of so many of the Chinese companies (not only this One and nopt only in the Engine supply market). So they tend to give up after a while and write it off to experience - then they go and sell what products make them a profit, usually with less headaches..
[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 PM
FOOPED
My Feedback: (8)

Gregg I am still flying the 45 and do'nt want to pull the hub unless it goes bad. Is there some reason I would not be able to change it out myself? That is if I need to. I do not drill out for the small prop bolts, I use the one bolt to tighten the prop with and have had no problems. The engine runs very well.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gringopete

We have shipped almost 1000 engines in the last 16 months. Those engines went to retail customers and over 400 hobby shops in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. We have many retail customers with 3-6 RCGF engines and the hobby shops keep reordering more engines.

I have had two engines that had mechanical failure. Both were replaced under warranty.

As far as parts, we have replacement parts available for all of the engines that we have shipped from our warehouse. They are available at http://<font face=''Calibri'' size='...ies.com</font>

As far as quality we have had 3 major magazine reviews on RCGF engines. Fly RC magazine said this about the 32CC engine “The high quality construction makes the RCGF 32 an excellent choice for you next project.†The other two articles, one in Fly RC and the other in RC Sport Flyer reviewed the 15CC and loved it. I have sent another 5 engines out and look forward to the reviews. All engines sent for review are randomly picked from stock just as if they were for any customer. We wanted to have an objective opinion of the company as well as the actual engine.

We have been doing this for over 55 years. This is not a side business for us. We are all full time employees here at BP Hobbies, this is how we put food on our tables. We don’t eat if the product comes back to us. I would not and have not in the past sold a product that I know is garbage.

Now can you get a defective engine? It is possible but not likely. You stand a less than 2% chance of it. If you purchase a RCGF engine from BP Hobbies or from one of our 400 plus authorized dealers you have a two year warranty that is serviced by us. Parts and technical support are right here in the good old USA. We are here five days a week Mon-Fri. We have online support at http://<font face=''Calibri'' size='...ies.com</font>. We are committed to a long term relationship with RCGF. So are we going to be here tomorrow? You bet, we have to eat. We are not a sell and bail company.

We have now stated our position. We thank all of our loyal customers and look forward to making new customers soon.

Gregg

I did the review for the 32cc RCGF engine. After thorough bench running/testing, complete dissassembly and a saturday of flying in my large Stinger test bed (I know the Stinger I used to test fly the engine was a larger plane than most would put the 32cc engine in, but it was the only suitable model I had at the time for test flying the engine - and I have to say I was pretty inpressed with how the 32cc pulled that large plane around) - I was still pretty impressed.

I had no issues running the engine. I do have a tendency to sneak up on the needle settings lowly, and the carb needles were set pretty rich from the factory (not a bad thing but they were too rich to fly, which is another good reason for bench running to get the needles set well enough to fly). Quality of construction is as good or better than any other Chinese gasser I have had got though my hands - I found the machining was done well, no "rough" areas or burring like many.

I plan to hang on to the engine and get it flying next season in something. Then I can comment on the "long term" durability. Unfortunately, even though I try and test fly every engine I review (which is in itself very rare for a monthly RC mag and something I think does more realistically show an engine's performance) I am not able to say how the engine's will perform over a year, or more. But in my experience, at least the 32 I reviewed was (and taking the price into account even more so) a fine engine.

I do have a few small beefs I believe I mentioned in the review... the prop washer is a loose fit on the central shaft - which makes it impossible to use as a drill jig for the prop. ALso, not a beef with RCGF particularly but with most "modern" gas engines, I would much rather prefer a single threaded prop shaft rather than the 4 bolt style. I have used a lot of large(r) gas engines with a single prop bolt, and have never had one come loose. I hate the multi bolt hubs personally and question why manufacturers go this route? The other beef was I replaced the 4 prop bolts with a better quality, harder bolt that the heads wouldnt strip out on. But as far as the engine, and how it ran - no issues.

Regards,
Andrew Coholic
Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
apalsson

Hi Andrew,

Good summary and good to hear the engine turned out well.
Your positive comments on it would indicate that people can safely enjoy the savings by ordering it from Hobbyking who undoubtedly will have it in their listings before long.

If the price difference is anything like that on the 26cc and the 55cc, it ought to be a great deal! (F or no F )
Old 11-16-2010, 10:10 AM
gringopete

Andrew
Thank you for your honest review. I will talk to the factory about this issue. We do not want customers using the prop washer as a drill jig because people will use a hand drill instead of a dril press to drill the props. The drill jig lets you use a hand drill to drill the props. Much more accurate. A large diameter prop drilled off center is an accident waiting to happen.

Fooped
No you do not have to change if it is not bad. It is very easy to change to the new hub. I think someone covered the conversion earlier in this thread. If you need helpI can talk you through it on the phone.

Gregg
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
SERCE

HEY MATE !
Now go to the bottom of your post and read your signature
Please don't edit it out, I would love for all to see this.

MercerAUST
You might want to think about putting a micrometer on the prop hub and check
for run out. That might be causing enough vibration to loosen your muffler
bolts. We had seen a ton of these 5 years ago with the 26cc XYZ's and that
ended up curing the problem.

Sure makes that ''F'' Seem expensive doesn't it

RCG''F'' - $350
RCG - $130

1 x ''F'' = $220 (that buys quite a lot of mufflers and / or other spare parts)

And I have been saying this for a very long time indeed. - Hobbyking is the best place to buy nearly every brand of Engine from this ''manufacturers group'' (AKA the ''Zhejiang consortium'') as this is not the only brand they ''make''.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:39 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: MercerAUST

Like most, I read up about RCGF and other Chines clone engines before making the plunge to 2-stroke gas. In the end, I couldn't resist the price and brought a 26cc RCGF 2-stroke from HobbyKing for $139. I have had no problems with the engine in a VQ Pilatus Porter 14lb plane with about 40 flights so far. Last weekend, the plane seemed much noiser than usual and I landed to find that the muffler had fallen off. I couldn't find a replacement muffler on the HK site and ended up buying another engine figuring I could use this for replacement parts becasue the price was so cheap (and I reeived it on my doorstep 4 days after placing the order so I didn't even loose a weekend's flying). I now realise that just about any aftermarket muffler will fit.
MercerAUST, - I have several of the can mufflers that fit your 26cc. If you are reasonably local to me, you are welcome to one just for the postage!
The bolt pattern on your engine is the same as several other 26cc.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: SERCE

HEY MATE !
That sure is weird - There it is still below

I used to use "Cheap" Engines. Now I only use GOOD ones. Purchase price may be more but flying time costs MUCH less per hour

What is the message in it?

I don't bother with cheap engines like RCGF's because they cost more than they are worth.

I use GOOD QUALITY engines - because they cost significantly less in the long run.

I don't see what is so sinister in that.

Cheap is determined by the manufacturer - not the reseller. There is a reseller here in Australia that sells an RCGF 26 for about $430 ex store. (on current exchange rates that is about US$450). We can get a Syssa here for close to that sort of pricing and I know which is a significantly better product. When Alfonso decided to increase his turnover by supplying a large number of China based supply houses, he determined the "cheapness" of his product. (notice - I have refrained from saying anything about the overall quality of the factory's products or systems - which IMHO are below average)

Of course - if a person is on a budget and they want a low cost engine - they may as well buy that product from the cheapest source. Do you honestly believe that there are 2 qualities of engine produced by a manufacturer who can't even supply the correct (if any) parts for an engine with a serial number? If all the product you get is good, then that is great but the Chinese resellers (Hobbyking is not the only one to sell RCGF products at a low price) are getting the sdame product - maybe the end of the run, maybe the overstock but the same product. Diference is they have better negotiating skills on buying price (because of the all important relationships that are at best - intricate). For what it is worth, I used to fall for that same line from the factory. Then I got an engine that had come from the "this isn't suposed to be sold outside of China" market and it was the identical product. I have some pretty good laser 3d measuring equipment and the manufacturing dimensions are identical. I am also pretty sure that they don't buy 2 batches of material to manufacture parts from.

CHEAP is generally determined by the brand - not the reseller. Pretty much all products manufacturerd for this hobby by the manufacturing group that makes RCGF fall into the category of "buy at the lowest price to minimise the losses". For the purposes of this , I will refer to the manufacturing group as "the Zhejiang Consortium" (Of which many are "sponsored by Alfonso Wang) - these brands include but are not limited to XYZ (remember that experience?) GRPRO (A Full relative to RCGF - heck they often even ship in RCGF boxes) HH (full relative), FTL (Full Relative) SV (major supplier of parts to most of the others mentioned) and others.

Do I like the fact that just about every Chinese reseller (some of which are actually sponsored by the manufacturers) can and will continue to undercut us? Of course I don't but it is a fact. The Chinese business culture is one that will always be dominated by turnover - not ethics to do with their customers or future support of the product. They have heard about the "throwaway society" from their respected seniors and believe that is what happens to most things.

The difference between brands is in the after sales service. You can search just about any brand of any product and find satisfied users. (There are even some Ford Edsels driving around and they have a specialised "appreciation socitey"). I realise that you have no obligation to service a product purchased from others. However these engines are not rocket science. Catherine has sold many many spare parts direct to people here in Australia for enignes that were supplied by others. (yes - many times they get the wrong parts because the serial numbers are meaningless within their own "qc" system - if the factory can't keep track of their own product, nobody can). That support should be available through the authorised distributor network shouldn't it?

Buying from a local dealer will mean that the buyer has "over the counter service" but how often is that needed? - according to some - apparently rarely. (but my experience tells me otherwise)

I reiterate - I prefer to use the COST EFFECTIVE brands - those that give me the most flying time per dollar. IMHO there is only one brand of Chinese engine that would fall into that category and it isn't any of the brands from this "manufacturers group". It is in fact the largest selling Chinese Brand - there is a mesage to be had there because that brand has Factory support available through its authorised dealer network regardless of point of purchase (yes - the servicing dealer should be paid for that service).

Again - BEST VALUE FLYING TIME PER DOLLAR
Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM
rcflyinmike

Not to butt in on your heated debate, Hobby King makes me nervous.  Q:  I have a 1/4 scale Citabria thats a bit tail heavy, I'm considering a magneto driven ( for nose weight ) low to mid 30cc gasoline engine. Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM
BadAzzMaxx

G38, Seen a few in the for sell forum, If they have not been crashed they will last forever.

Milton
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM
apalsson

Hey Mike,

The G38 is always an excellent engine. I used to have a Nosen Citabria with a G38 and it was a marriage made in heaven
Here is another source for the G38
http://www.keimod.com/shop/
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
SERCE

Good Grief,
Unless you are in some sort of lawsuit with RCGF, Move On as others have stated in this thread.
This company has changed.

I am DONE with you and if any of our customers are reading this, I apologize
for being upset about all of this.
We will be their to support you.

Ron
Southeast R/C Engines, LLC
9:00am to 5:00pm Mon-Fri
email: [email protected]
904-463-1098

ORIGINAL: SERCE

HEY MATE !
That sure is weird - There it is still below

I used to use ''Cheap'' Engines. Now I only use GOOD ones. Purchase price may be more but flying time costs MUCH less per hour

What is the message in it?

I don't bother with cheap engines like RCGF's because they cost more than they are worth.

I use GOOD QUALITY engines - because they cost significantly less in the long run.

I don't see what is so sinister in that.

cheap is determined by the manufacturer - not the reseller. There is a reseller here in Australia that sells an RCGF 26 for about $430 ex store. (on current exchange rates that is about US$450). We can get a Syssa here for close to that sort of pricing and I know which is a significantly better product. When Alfonso decided to increase his turnover by supplying a large number of China based supply houses, he determined the ''cheapness'' of his product. (notice - I have refrained from saying anything about the overall quality of the factoy's products or systems - which IMHO are below average - oops I did it)

Of course - if a person is on a budget and they want a low cost engine - they may as well buy that product from the cheapest source. Do you really believe that there are 2 qualities of engine produced by a manufacturer who can't even supply the correct (if any) parts for an engine with a serial number? If all the product you get is good, then that is great but the Chinese resellers (Hobbyking is not the only one to sell RCGF products at a low price) are getting the sdame product - maybe the end of the run, maybe the overstock but the same product. Diference is they have better negotiating skills on buying price (because of the all important relationships that are at best - intricate)

CHEAP is generally determined by the brand - not the reseller. Pretty much any product manufacturerd for this hobby by this manufacturing group fall into the category of ''buy at the lowesdt price to minimise the losses''. For the purposes of this , I will refer to the manufacturing group as ''the Zhejiang Consortium'' (Of which many are ''sponsored by Alfonso Wang) - these brands include but are not limited to XYZ (remember that experience) GRPRO (A Full relative to RCGF - heck they often even ship in RCGF boxes) HH (full relative), FTL (Full Relative) SV (major supplier of parts to most of the others mentioned) and others.

Do I like the fact that the likes of just about every Chinese reseller (some of which are actually sponsored by the manufacturers) can and will continue to undercut us? Of course I don't but it is a fact. The Chinese business culture is one that will always be dominated by turnover - not ethics to do with their customers.

The difference is in the after sales service. Yes - you do not have any obligation to service the product purchased from others. However these engines are nto rocket science. Catherine has sold many many spare parts direct to people here in Australia for enignes that were suplied by others. (yes - many times they get the wrong parts because the serial numbers are meaningless within their own ''qc'' system - if the factory can't keep track of their own product, nobody can).

Buying from a place such as yours wil mean that the buyer has ''over the counter service'' but how often is that needed? - according to you - rarely.
I reiterate - I prefer to use the COST EFFECTIVE brands - those that give me the most flying time per dollar. IMHO there is only one brand of Chinese engine that would fall into that category and it ain't any of the brands mentioned above - it is DLE. Do I own a DLE? - Nope but I do respect the overall DLE experience.

Why not go factory direct - for the majority of the products sold by ''the consortium'' - here is the real manufacturers website. (complete with ''CNC'' crankcases that are so shiny you would almost swear they are cast, finish machined, plated and tumble polished )
http://www.chinasvgroup.com/newEbiz1...tml/index.html

Again - BEST VALUE FLYING TIME PER DOLLAR

and here it is again
Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 PM
aussiesteve

So it is ok for people to come on here and accuse me of "Taking the money and running" ?

The reason i stopped dealing with the brand is because the company refused to respond to e-mails and requests to purchase parts. Those parts were requested so that I could actually support their customers - not all of the enignes involved were purchased through me - some were actually purchased through HobbyKing, others through GRPro. RCGF REFUSED to support their own product.

I offered to pay full price for the parts to support those end users. some of those engines had never passed through my hands. I did this to try to keep the brand name on an improvement plane yet was rewarded with being ignored by the factory. Since then, the factory has spread rumors and innuendo about my sales levels and other things - including to yourself as you have repeated nearly word for word to me in the past the same e-mails that other dealers received about me.

I experienced a very high rate of customer disatisfaction on the product. Much like you did with your previous brand. I replaced a large number of engines at my cost with a replacement brand for customers. That is hardly "cutting and running".

Then I get accused of disagreeing with myself yet when I give a detailed explanation, the next attack comes on.

My disatisfaction rests on the fact that the factory (and many others from the area) have very poor business ethics and very low FACTORY support for a troublesome product.

Consider this a CAVEAT EMPTOR

For pretty much any product that we buy in this world, the Factory authorised agents will support the product. Yes, there may be service fees and yes, parts are sold not given away but the product is supported through the official dealer network. If an official Factory agent really supports the brand instead of just wishing to make sales. Why wouldn't they supply parts and service? The engines are serial numbered, even if the engine is sold by others, parts required should be trackable through the factory if that serial number actually means anything. Surely the factory can supply those correct parts.

I know I can buy parts for the major selling brands of RC engines through any authorised dealer and most of those dealers will also service the engine (yes - for a fee) regardless of where ti was purchased. Why is this? because the factories support their product and their dealers. Plus they have traceability. Why is this brand different? (and why have so many model variations?)

the one thing I have always done with every product I have handled is insist on the factory supporting its authorised dealer network and its products. Like SERCE I do not believe in letting customers down as they have purchased ni good faith. Like SERCE, this has caused plenty of losses to me in the past.

When the factory was stil responding to me, there were some serious safety concerns raised on some of their products (hubs etc), significant reliability issues raised (plastic threads) that cause airframe losses, Poor assembly issues raised - all in the name of supporting the final users of the product. Why should they suffer if the issues are simply ignored until they are forced to be adressed and even then, they have been addressed by the factory at the expense of the end user. (I replaced the hubs on my customers engines for free - and I made the replacement hubs as well so I got a double whammy there).

If I can save just one person from having a bad RC experience whilst getting accused of all sorts of incorrect information, then that is one person who may stay in the RC game a little longer. That is good for the entire industry - it is a big picture thing.

As I said - CAVEAT EMPTOR people.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 AM
AJsToyz

Hmmm.... just wondering how many people have followed the whole thread to see what the history is here ?? [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have. Lots of up and downs. Excitement to initially represent the brand followed by disillusionment. If I buy a Chinese engine it will be DLE.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.