RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

I have to remember that one Next time I late coming home from flying, I can say ''uh...honey...I couldnt leave, my throttle linkage broke and had to fly till it ran out of fuel'' Man, it sucked big time too. I really wanted to be home with you

Yep, it just might work lol

Glad you got it back in one piece. Good arguement for leaving the return spring on. I do now on all mine.
Reminds me of the technical and medical difference between having "Guts" and having "Balls".

Guts - you come home after a night out with the boys. She is there with a broom in her hand and you ask her "Are you still cleaning or are you going out to fly?".

Balls - you come home after a night out, covered in lipstick and smelling of perfume. You slap her on the backside and say "you're next fatty".

Either way, the result is the same - Death.

Good save acerc. That is exactly why I leave the throttle springs connected.
Link to a road train...where is the train with all the RC goodies???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I19a3...ture=endscreen

Capt,n
Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Captmicom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is most likely true but with the pipes in the right configuration you would not need to use standoffs. That would make it fit nicely in many round cowl planes.

Captmicom
Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is true as well. And like you I think those pipes can be arranged appropriately.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
gringopete

Boy did i screw this one up. I was trying to get a million things done before heading to the hospital for an operation. You guys are right the muflers are reversed. When the muflers are on correctly there is no need for standoffs. When i get back into the office on Monday I'll post new dimnension photos with the correct muffler positions. I hope to get it on the test stand for some video and performance data next week.

Gregg
Old 12-01-2011, 04:13 PM
WindGap
My Feedback: (3)

mufflers on backwards. Hehehe.

Was in a rush, installed my horizontal stabilizer upside down. been there done that. My brother hit on the wrong sister...identical twins...sis-in-law was furious.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
gringopete

This is how it looks with the mufflers installed correctly. Sorry for the screw up. Happy Holidays.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19355.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1696777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71590.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1696778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56471.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1696779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49091.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1696780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb37409.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1696781  
Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 AM
dgiatr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi! i am new here and i would like to ask if the New Crrc GF26I V2 26cc gas engine has any serius problems or defaults
please tell because i want to buy two of them in order to put them in an esm tigercat
thanks a lot!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 AM
acerc

dgiatr,
Go back to the gas home page, scroll down to the crrc GF26 thread and check it out there. That thread is dedicated to your engine.
I have seen a few of the crrc engines at my field, not bad but I recommend you look at the RCFG 20cc engines. I personnally think they would be a better fit.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: dgiatr

Hi! i am new here and i would like to ask if the New Crrc GF26I V2 26cc gas engine has any serius problems or defaults
please tell because i want to buy two of them in order to put them in an esm tigercat
thanks a lot!
There is already a thread on the that engine. All you had to do was scroll down the gas engine forum page. This thread is about RCGF.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Consider a pair of DLE 20's instead. More power and fewer problems. IMO.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Consider a pair of DLE 20's instead. More power and fewer problems. IMO.
Ain't that a fact. The DLE 20 is one of the most powerful (for it's size) and compact of any of the small gassers so far from the far east.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

And they are light compared to other engines of that size.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 AM
steph18

hi guy's
is someone use the RCGF 32 ?
what do you think of the use of tuned pipe on this engine ?

stephane
Old 12-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Captmicom

Hi Stephane,

The RCGF 32cc is a very good all around engine. I have three of them on planes. A Big Ugly Stik 80†wing span, a Howard DGA-12 95†wing span, and 26% YAK-54 73†wing span. In all three planes the power is off the chart. The Stik and YAK have unlimited vertical and both will hover at less than half throttle and the Howard flies scale at about 40% throttle with a 22/8 prop. I have many happy customers using these powerful little engines. That is my two cents for what it is worth.

Kind Regards,

Captmicom
Old 12-23-2011, 02:33 PM
steph18

thanks for your ansewr Capmicom,

in your opinion, is the 20x10,5 APC prop can be ru by this engine with or without tuned pipe ?
for me the objective is to run it over 7000rpm
stephane
Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Captmicom

Sorry for getting back to you so late! It was nuts around here over Christmas. I was off so I went flying every day from 6 a.m. to 4 or 5 p.m. Now to answer your question. Yes the RCGF 32cc can turn your APC prop but I do not like APCs on gas engines. They are very dangerous to begin with and they are not that efficient. I would us something like a Xoar wood prop 18x10, 20x8 or 20x10 depending on how you are going to fly the plane.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Captmicom

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!! I have a favor to ask you guys that I have done engine work for over the past year. My records computer tanked last week so if it would not be to much of an inconvenience could you “PM me with your name, engine size, and serial number so I can re-input it into the new computer. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Captmicom
Old 01-08-2012, 10:35 AM
steph18

thanks for your answer,
as i have some time i do mesurement of these prop. and you can see the results on the following table :

as i have few time yet I done orther measurements :

the used tuned pipe is this used on the webra 145AAR.
I think it is very interesting because I only have SP95 for the RCGF and there is 30% of nitro for all the the tested YS

stephane
Old 01-15-2012, 11:29 AM
acerc

Here's another one of these sweet little engine's. Sig clipped wing, RCGF 26cc with J-Tec pipe. Started as expected- five flip's pop, choke off - one flip start. Gotta love it.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Oupagryse

Hi Steph,

Could you please show the dyno that you used to test the engine? I'm busy designing my own and it would help a lot.

Regards
Gerrit-Jan
Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
steph18

hello Gerrit-Jan
here one part of my post in RC pattern flying
about measurement realized on YS engines : I take measurement of rpm that all members of the forum post on RC universe and on F3A.fr. it is interested to see that all measures was realized with APC propellers and it is more simple for me because it reduces drasticlly the number of prop to caracterize in power.for RCGF and webra I used my own measures because I have these engines at homre. after you must know one thing : when your engine runs a prop the power absorbed by the propeller is eqaul to the power provided by the engine, so if you measure the curve power of your prop it becomes easy to determinate the power of all engine just by knowing the dimension of the prop and its rpm. and you can write : where N is the RPM and D the prop diameter and gamma the power coefficient of the prop.

stephane

PS : sorry for my english, I am no native english
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM
yurdakut

dear friends I m trying to read this thread as fast as I can do..so if this was answered before sorry for your time...I m planning to make  seagull edge 540-60+rcgf gas engine.. so its weight is 8.4-8.8 lbs(3.8-4 kg) including engine and all accesories flying weight is almost 10 lbs(5 kg)..I wanna fly 3D should I buy rcgf 20 cc?26 cc?or 30 cc?? as far as I know 20 cc is not enough but on the other hand 30 cc will be too heavy wht about the 26 cc I need your experinences, informations and advices..thank you for your interest..
Old 01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: yurdakut

dear friends I m trying to read this thread as fast as I can do..so if this was answered before sorry for your time...I m planning to make seagull edge 540-60+rcgf gas engine.. so its weight is 8.4-8.8 lbs(3.8-4 kg) including engine and all accesories flying weight is almost 10 lbs(5 kg)..I wanna fly 3D should I buy rcgf 20 cc?26 cc?or 30 cc?? as far as I know 20 cc is not enough but on the other hand 30 cc will be too heavy wht about the 26 cc I need your experinences, informations and advices..thank you for your interest..
If you are looking to do/learn 3D, I would find another plane. At 750 sq. in. of wing area and 10lbs, it would be way low on wing area. Something that weight needs to have 950 minimum, or better yet over 1000 sq in. It might make a decent sport plane, but you will have to keep your air speeds up, and it may snap a little too easily?

Backing off to something the weight of a DLE 20 will save you 8 oz. That would be a step in the right direction, but still not to the point where you'll be able to do much in the way of those maneuvers where the plane really has to "float".

If you just want something that might hover, you might be OK? My opinion, FWIW.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:26 AM
yurdakut

ORIGINAL: ahicks

dear friends I m trying to read this thread as fast as I can do..so if this was answered before sorry for your time...I m planning to make seagull edge 540-60+rcgf gas engine.. so its weight is 8.4-8.8 lbs(3.8-4 kg) including engine and all accesories flying weight is almost 10 lbs(5 kg)..I wanna fly 3D should I buy rcgf 20 cc?26 cc?or 30 cc?? as far as I know 20 cc is not enough but on the other hand 30 cc will be too heavy wht about the 26 cc I need your experinences, informations and advices..thank you for your interest..
If you are looking to do/learn 3D, I would find another plane. At 750 sq. in. of wing area and 10lbs, it would be way low on wing area. Something that weight needs to have 950 minimum, or better yet over 1000 sq in. It might make a decent sport plane, but you will have to keep your air speeds up, and it may snap a little too easily?

Backing off to something the weight of a DLE 20 will save you 8 oz. That would be a step in the right direction, but still not to the point where you'll be able to do much in the way of those maneuvers where the plane really has to "float".

first of all thank you..which plane do you offer me?for example I m flying about 7-8 months with profile katana 46 61 magnum..I m flying not completely 3D but I m forwarding day by day..so I thought extra 260/90, extra 300 s and edge 540/60 I like edge..I have many modeller friends in other cities flying with rcgf and they are happy with them but as I wrote up seagull edge is close 10 lbs(5 kg) as a result of this I m confused..I read seGULL edge 540/60+dle 20 combo in other forums and they are happy..I want to know which is better rcgf 20 cc or 26 cc?or which combo do you offer?on the other hand in other forums som pilots think that 26 cc class is not cost/force/torque effective its not so stronger that seems..I hope I could explain wht I mean..thank you again..
Old 01-31-2012, 04:52 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: ahicks

Backing off to something the weight of a DLE 20 will save you 8 oz. That would be a step in the right direction, but still not to the point where you'll be able to do much in the way of those maneuvers where the plane really has to ''float''.

first of all thank you..which plane do you offer me?for example I m flying about 7-8 months with profile katana 46 61 magnum..I m flying not completely 3D but I m forwarding day by day..so I thought extra 260/90, extra 300 s and edge 540/60 I like edge..I have many modeller friends in other cities flying with rcgf and they are happy with them but as I wrote up seagull edge is close 10 lbs(5 kg) as a result of this I m confused..I read seGULL edge 540/60+dle 20 combo in other forums and they are happy..I want to know which is better rcgf 20 cc or 26 cc?or which combo do you offer?on the other hand in other forums som pilots think that 26 cc class is not cost/force/torque effective its not so stronger that seems..I hope I could explain wht I mean..thank you again..
Here is a sample of what I'm thinking of when considering something that might work well for a 26cc powered 3D plane. Please don't focus on this plane only as there are more like it built by other manyfacturers and sold by different suppliers. The H9 Funtana would be another example that just came to me.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items...-030V3BAF.html

Wingspan 75.2"(1910mm)
Length 73"(1860mm)
Wing Area 1026sq in(66.2sq dm)
Flying Weight 9.7-11lbs(4400g-5000g)

Regarding an RCGF 20cc, it would be a similar plane, just scaled down. 750 sq in is still on the small side if the plane weighs 10lbs. It would have to weigh something closer to 8lbs for that amount of wing area? Large 1.20 size planes, in the 8-10 lb class would be what you're looking for. The Funtana specifications actually work here as well.... though it would be on the larger side.

Not intending to say the plane you provided doesn't fly well. Saying it's not a good example of a 3D plane...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.