Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

St3000 "k"

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 04:36 PM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St3000 "k"

I purchased a ST3000 years ago with a "K" carb and never ran it. Has anyone had any experience with this model of carburator? After reading many of the threads, many end up swapping their ST carb for another. Is the K model carb any better than the standard? I think I remember reading that this model required a pump to operate, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions would help!

Thanks,

Coveredup
Old 06-02-2003, 08:07 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default St3000 "k"

To the best of my knowledge the K carb is reputed to work okay. The S(?) carb is too small and many replace it with an OS 7D or a Perry carb. I am also sure the K carb does not require a pump. I cannot comment on whether hit it can be used with a pump or not...

About the only thing I can offer is to use large tubing from the klunk, including through the klunk, up to the carb, and to search this site looking for more information. ST 3000s are frequently discussed and the database should be full of useful information.