Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCG 50cc Gas Engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCG 50cc Gas Engine

sorry to re-open an old subject
but i really need to know your feedback about this engine after all this time ?
is it still performing well ?
did u made any maintenance work on it before?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: sheko_2000

sorry to re-open an old subject
but i really need to know your feedback about this engine after all this time ?
is it still performing well ?
did u made any maintenance work on it before?

I purchased one, so far it hasn't worked out well for me. The spark plug socket was not tapped properly, so now I have to find a threaded insert to be able to use the engine.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM
My Feedback: (13)

i know a guy that flies one of these engines on a profile, and he beats the piss out of it and it's still going strong,he said he would buy another one.he got it deliverd to his door for 230.00.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:48 AM

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: "Arial","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"">my only concern is the spars
i can't find any of it any were, specially here in Egypt all online stores are not available for me
i have a good previous experience with RCG 26cc but when it comes to change the piston ring after accidently breaking it while some internal cleaning work
it was a big problem to match a ring for it </span><span style="FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"">

</p></span></p>
Old 05-05-2012, 05:19 PM
My Feedback: (13)

this guy makes rings to order,here in the USA. [email protected]
Old 05-14-2012, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: sheko_2000

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: " new="">my only concern is the spars
i can't find any of it any were, specially here in Egypt all online stores are not available for me
i have a good previous experience with RCG 26cc but when it comes to change the piston ring after accidently breaking it while some internal cleaning work
it was a big problem to match a ring for it </span></p>

</p>

</p>
I did the same thing. I ordered a ring for the FTL 26cc from HobbyKing, since I believe the cylinders are the same except for the machining done to accomodate the side carb. I'll post on your thread about rings if it works out.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Just got my RCG 50 engine from Hobby King out of the USA warehouse. Got it mount to a test stand and checked the needles on the carb so they where 1 3/4 turns out on both. Filled the tank with 30% fuel and choked the carb. Flipp the APB 20x10 prop about 10 times and had fuel to the carb. Turned on the ignition and flip the prop 5 more times and had a pop. Opened the choke and 3 more flips and she came to life. So far I am very pleased with the engine. It looks so much like my DLE-55 I think it was made from the same mold.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I started the RCG 50 up once again today and this time I had a tach with me. The RCG is starting easier each time I run it now. The engine is spinning the APC 20x10 prop at 7500RPM and it still on a very rich setting. I will be changing over to a Xoar 22x8 or 22x10 prop on mt CMP 50cc Zero
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Hey Guys,

As much as I read about this forum my interest for the future project is growing more and more. It's a great thing that now HK is producing great motors, even I read about Turnigy 50 here otherwise I most heard the guys *****ing or whining over these motors lol. But anyway. I ordered me one RCG 20cc for the first time for my Seagull Model MXS-R. This project is now on back burner, reason is that I had to move down here in Louisville, KY from Magnolia, TX. I'm so ready to go back to my family and start flying my planes. I also ordered one XYZ 20cc from VVRC.

In the box of RCG 20cc it says something about RCGF factory or something, since I'm not back at home, so I don't know but something I read that RCGF on the box. It looks like RCG and RCGF's are the same thing. I can be wrong. So far it seems like a sweet motor. Not wanting to hack this thread neither beat about the bush or something just a question about RCG 20cc do you guys have any experience with that. I was in a process of putting together my ARF and I had to come down here. BTW club fees here in Louisville, KY are way CHEAPER than TX. One club is $50 and another one is $80.

Thanks

Mody