Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

MT70CC TWIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM
unit53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MT70CC TWIN

nothing to  be concerned with,,,just be glad you didnt  really have your glasses manufactured  my  mt engines ,,otherwise all will be well....and hopefully you dont own any unsupported products or have been mislead and been made promises that never seem to never occur.as a footnote,, the mld engine probably will hit the mark,,in  reliability ,,but  its weight ,may  cause a lack of sales,,if you were to read this entire thread ,,you will see ,,a story of a good product,and a great idea slip away ,,due to many factors,which was in control ,,by the gentelman who,,s  name goes with the products.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
novayusa

Jody,
I don't know how you to be tell about Tomy. Most of your description about MT are wrong. As I know you never come to China to meet MT Engine people maybe TOM did. Actually, MT Engine factory is apart with the office. All of you never been there but I did. Never saw a labor like what you mentioned and you asked Tomy to deliver the MT enigine parts to XYZ(Mr. Xu) for combination. Did you?
Don't you know your words power in RCU? How can you publish the words you can't sure here? very disappointed and shame you on it

Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
novayusa

The website wildcatehobby.com looks like is under construction.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You could entertain us with some pictures of the "MT" factory with the logo on the outside and logos on the walls of the inside?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 PM
novayusa

I will glad to do it for you when I go to the factory again.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:30 PM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

Nowayusa...Tomy told me the only way he would send my warranty parts is if I bought the twin-canister set from you. I was wondering if you may still have this somewhere and I will buy if off of you! (It is from one of your prior posts) Thanks, Brian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92493.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1738110  
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
unit53

since that question to novayusa was placed in a public forum,, id like to pose a rhetorical question,,, why would someone place conditions on  sending warranty parts,,by making them buy something from another vendor???...now dont get me wrong,,noivayusa sells great exhaust accessories  and supports them well,,but ,,why would this be required to fulill a waranty ?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

I guess it is the same reason you wanted to sell me a warranty crankcase ......$$$$ is the universal language!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
unit53

the case i have isnt a warranty one,,and was sent for evaluation ,for a possible change in style ,,and i,ive never been a dealer of any brand rc engine,,ive sold engines and parts on ebay,,like the mt 57 ,,but only after i had rc ign re do the front end,,and because i have a conscience,,,,,but honestly theres no comparison,,in me selling a part and me being the manufacturer of a engine under warranty,and not just sending you the part with an apology for selling you a defective part,,then putting a condition on it ,,i sincerely hope you see the difference,,,,, theres no way i would make an additional purchase ,to get something that was fairly due to me,,,the operational word is warranty,,,only a manufacturer or his agent can establish a warranty,,not an idividual who has no ties whatsoever,,with such an entity.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: capitalB

Nowayusa...Tomy told me the only way he would send my warranty parts is if I bought the twin-canister set from you. I was wondering if you may still have this somewhere and I will buy if off of you! (It is from one of your prior posts) Thanks, Brian

what a nice guy,tommy is,he does stand behind his products.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM
unit53

bottom line ,,lets just say you were an honest fair minded ethical engine manufacturer,,,,, and a part failed on one of your engines,,, would you just send the part ,,,or would you make that paying ,potentially future customer,,buy something from another vendor?? now i can understand if you originally intended to buy an exhaust setup,,and he just wants to be cheap and toss whatever he has for you in the box,,,,but its not anyones responsibility ,,except the guy with the warranty,,to fulfill his end of the deal .......with no conditions.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
novayusa

Never heard from Tommy about this!!! The muffler on the picture is a customize product for one of my friend only.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:16 PM
unit53

looks like another poor guy getting whaked off ,and getting lead down the wrong path.i hate getting put ,,in the car,,,, when i never asked for a ride.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 PM
novayusa

I guess it is the same reason you wanted to sell me a warranty crankcase ......$$$$ is the universal language!
What's your problem with your MT70? Would you like to pm me or email me by [email protected]the detail with pictures? Maybe Ican bring your problem to Tomy to help you out without buying my canister.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
novayusa

ORIGINAL: unit53

looks like another poor guy getting whaked off ,and getting lead down the wrong path.i hate getting put ,,in the car,,,, when i never asked for a ride.
Yeah.. I always think about if my customer got whacked because of my products. What should Ido for them to cool down their emotional language and crazy thinking in their brain about my products? Maybe very hard to satisify everybody who is using myproduct but face to them and get solve the problem in any posiibility must be the only way. Iwill suggest Tomy to jump out to face all of his defect parts and to satisfy the users as possible as he can.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:02 PM
unit53

everyone allready knows your products well made well supported and your are an ethical caring person ,,and i couldnt see anyone being critical of how you conduct buisness,i wish you well in your quest to make mr.shen understand,,what he has ben told several times.,,,see guys heres a stand up fellow,,,who is in buisness,and not pressuring anyone to buy anything and even willing to possibly disrupt a friendship,,to inform tommy of his deficiencies in buisness,,,but thats what real friends do,,the dont lie to their friends,,,, that garners respect,,,in america and other countries failure to back your product gets you sued in court,,tommy is very lucky in that respect.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

I bought a used MT 57 about 8 months ago - have yet to start it up to test. This thread ain't making me feel too comfortable. Will have to start it up and report back.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
ultra6a
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: microdon2

I bought a used MT 57 about 8 months ago - have yet to start it up to test. This thread ain't making me feel too comfortable. Will have to start it up and report back.

Good luck with that. I had an MT 35 a while back that turned out to be a paper weight on it's best day.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

if you get a good one they are worth having,just ask Jodi that use to work for VV.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
unit53

Hi,you can spend awhile reading this post and the one regarding your engine in the thread regarding the 57 also in fg forums,but instead,,box it up with everything it came with and sell it on ebay,with the money you get ,,but another chinese engine such as a dle 55,,or get a used one,,and save the fuss of break in and money,,i ,unfortunately had a 57 and it cost me more than a da 50 to get it worth selling ,,your engine hasnt been checked for fit tollerance dirt metal shavings leaks several perts came from the lowest bidders and the lowest bidder assembled them without being tested ,,so sell it as new and unrun. even if it runs,, the long stroke and poor counterbalance and crank angles cause an engine thats hard on a plane ..youve been fairly forewarned.by someone who has nothing to gain or loose,and has no personal issues with the guy who put his name on the engine.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:48 PM
microdon2

Well, I just started my MT 57 for the first time, and this engine sounds amazing. It took a few cranks to get the fuel in there (20?) but then started and re-started easily by hand. Granted I didn't run it long, but did rev it up a bit - sounds pretty smooth and very powerful. It might have vibrated a bit at idle, but didn't look bad. I have it on a stand. Will be a while before I build the plane I have for it - an 85" Yak. But it sure sounds good now. Will probably take it to the field to do more bench-testing.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 PM
aussiesteve

If you leave the immense amount of QC issues out of the equation, The later MT 57's were one of the best engines ever to come out of China. (as were the MT 70 twins).

As long as you don't run it too rich (they vibrate terribly if you do that), and you have the ignition set correctly (28 degrees BTDC) and use a decent oil ratio (A good synthetic at around 40:1 or a good mineral at around 30:1 mixed into Premium Pump Gas) and use a proper plug gapped to 0.6mm and make sure the crankcase is not ful of manufacturers "leftovers". They are a reasonable running engine.

How long they wil stay that way is very dependent upon the QC involved in their manufacture - Some had crankcases crack, others had reed block related issues, others had crankcases full of dirt when new - Those issues were what let the brand down badly.

Check it, tune it properly and enjoy it until it stops being enjoyable

(then go buy a DA 50, a DA 60 a BME 58 or a 3W 55 to replace it)
Old 05-25-2012, 06:49 AM
microdon2

aussiesteve - thanks for the advice, tougne-in-cheeky as it may have been. Is there any way to know if this particular engine is one of those "later" one? Serial numbers, model specifics? Given everything I've read I am thinking of reselling it and getting a DLE 55 instead.

btw - if I could afford a new DA, BME or 3W engine this would not be a discussion!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:35 PM
mausolfh
My Feedback: (19)

I have had two MT-70s for two years now. They are in my 120"TigerCat and seem to be doing fine. Not the power I am used to; they turn at 6100 on XOAR 22X10s. I am going to rering them at the end of the season to see if this boosts the power. I have new rings made by the ringmaster(Bowman) and will also rework the reeds and blocks. Jody put these together for me and they did fine right off the block. I do agree that the QC could have been better. They don't compare to my DAs and 3Ws in quality, but so far so good.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
alburman
My Feedback: (4)

This is positively my last post on the MT70. Go to page 29 to see the history I have with this engine. After Jack, at MT engines sent my engine back to China to have the mfg repair it, Jody at Valley View sent me a new engine. The first 5 minute run was fine. After the second run I found a cylinder head bolt hanging out. The threads were stripped. I retapped it and set the engine aside for a couple of months. I decided to run it a couple of more times before mounting it in a plane. After about sixteen ounces of fuel, in two separate runs at about 1/2 throttle, the engine blew the left cylinder partially off. All runs were with gas oil at about 35:1. I removed the cylinder and found that the piston skirt had two pieces broken off. I will definately wash my hands of all MT products after this fiasco.
I now have two cylinders, two mufflers. two of the 14/32 size spark plugs, one carb with reed block, one crankshaft, two connecting rods, one piston and a complete ignition system. If there is anyone out there that can use these parts, a sixty dollar money order will get them to you priority mail in the lower 48. Email me at [email protected].
AL BURMAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.