Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 02:14 AM
paulinfrance

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2+ years on,,,

My Rcgf 15cc is still going strong although I have had 2 ( on this and my 20cc rcgf ) hk ignition boxes go on me and a new Rexel also which would give the proper RPM readings it did make the engine splutter in mid range and give my servos the gitters,, so now the rpm counter is unplugged all is well, 'however', due to the 20cc vibrations ( treated on rcgroups) I would not buy another 20cc Rcgf engine, I bought a DLE 20Ra, ok its double the price, but it's worth it.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:00 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RBean, can you advise me which Hellcat you refer to, I have ordered the 15cc 64" model and I have a 15cc RCGF from Hobbyking which has been superceded by the SE model. I am concerned when you also mention the retracts as I have ordered the Eflite which is recommended, are these also the retracts you refer to ?. I have now put my Hellcat order on hold until I can resolve these issues. would you suggest I replace the 15cc with the 20cc RCGF
I would appreciate your comment. Kell Steinman

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-26-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:33 AM
Mark071704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the needle settings that seem to be good for the RCGF VVRC 15cc? I can't get the engine to run correctly and it is brand new with about 1.5 gallons of fuel through it. The factory settings of 1 1/2 turns for L and H is way too rich. I can't even get the idle to be consistent until the L is about 3/4 turns out. With that setting I still can't get a good setting on the H needle for consistent running. I sent the engine back to VVRC where it was purchased and was charged $80 for tuning. I was told put it on the plane and fly. Well first thing is the vibration from the engine is terrible. I took off and noticed it breaking up like crazy from idle until over mid throttle and smooth only wide open. It dead sticked 3 minutes into the flight and when I got it in I noticed the engine vibration snapped the new Dubro Hinge on the elevator. This was a problem during tuning as it snapped my CA hinge so I purchased a new elevator and used all Durbo Hinges. I am beyond frustrated with this engine. I have tried tireless to get it dialed in and it is so inconsistent I haven't even mounted the engine back in the plane yet. Thanks for any input. BTW I am flying in NJ at sea level.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:44 AM
paulinfrance

Have a look here,, and yes it makes a good paint mixer,, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3216985-RCGF-15-cc-gasser-Vibration

Have
you done the pop off pressure on the carb ?.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:56 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Choke required?

I realize this thread is quite old, but I have a question about the choke on my RCGF 15. It is the older BM version and with a pitts muffler, I can't figure out how to get to the choke lever to be able to operate it when starting cold. It is in a very inconvenient spot. My question is, which an electric starter spinning the engine, is the choke even necessary? I won't be able to try until the weekend, so I thought I would ask the community?

TIA

Greg
Old 11-02-2020, 09:01 AM
paulinfrance

Originally Posted by FlyingGreg
I realize this thread is quite old, but I have a question about the choke on my RCGF 15. It is the older BM version and with a pitts muffler, I can't figure out how to get to the choke lever to be able to operate it when starting cold. It is in a very inconvenient spot. My question is, which an electric starter spinning the engine, is the choke even necessary? I won't be able to try until the weekend, so I thought I would ask the community?

TIA

Greg
All my petrol engines need to be choked for the first start of the day,, I make my own choke levers and feed them through the fuselage then couple them to a 90° horn with a 2mm wire then coming out of the side of the fuselage.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:40 PM
cymaz

I bought a 15cc about 4 years ago but only just got it out of the box. On checking the timing it seems it’s set at about 50-55 BTDC!

Are there any reports of a batch of engines with the magnet drilled in the wrong place? Usually the magnet is just to the right of the sensor mounting holes....this one is wayyyy off to the left
Old 11-25-2020, 06:00 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Not that I've ever seen.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:44 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

The magnet is in the thrust washer of the engine. It rotates with the crank. How could it be "just to the right" of anything?